FM3 Firmware Release 1.04 Public Beta 7

I'm getting some odd behavior with the Master Layout Menu.

I have a hold function set on a stand-in switch to take me to the MLM. Once there, if I click any of the buttons on the FM3 to go to the Presets, Scenes, or Effects layouts, the screens for all three FM3 buttons come up blank and pressing them doesn't do anything. If I select the MLM again using my stand-in switch, and then click one of the FM3 buttons to access the other menus, it works as expected.

So, every other time I go to the MLM and click a button, the screens come up blank. I can make a video if needed.

Edit: Looking at the FM3 screen I can see that it's going to MLM View 4, which does not have anything assigned for the three switches. So, every other time I access the MLM clicking Presets, Scenes, or Effects takes me to MLM View 4 rather than the assigned Layout.

EDIT 2: User error. I had a bad assignment in my Stand-in switch. It was set to go to MLM View 4, not View 1. That still doesn't explain why it misbehaved every other time I went to the MLM menu, but now that I changed it to View 1 it's working as it should.

Last edited:
Took the firmware update for FM3 and updated FM3 edit. After restart device shows disconnected. Tried restarting both my Mac and the FM3.
Checking system preferences and my Mac doesn’t see the FM3 at all.

Also tried on another MacBook and same results.Unplugged midi cables from both midi ports restarted and it connects.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Just installed FM3 firmware Beta 7
Many amps are NOT syncing in FM3 Edit...even on presets already in the box.
Amp listed in preset is Class-A 30W Bright and down below it is Plexi 50w 6550
Brit Pre shows up down below as Das Metall???

This happens with "new" amps being selected AND existing presets....
Ideas??
BUG??

Just installed FM3 firmware Beta 7
Many amps are NOT syncing in FM3 Edit...even on presets already in the box.
Amp listed in preset is Class-A 30W Bright and down below it is Plexi 50w 6550
Brit Pre shows up down below as Das Metall???

This happens with "new" amps being selected AND existing presets....
Ideas??
Did you "Refresh after FW" in the editor?

I'm getting some odd behavior with the Master Layout Menu.

I have a hold function set on a stand-in switch to take me to the MLM. Once there, if I click any of the buttons on the FM3 to go to the Presets, Scenes, or Effects layouts, the screens for all three FM3 buttons come up blank and pressing them doesn't do anything. If I select the MLM again using my stand-in switch, and then click one of the FM3 buttons to access the other menus, it works as expected.

So, every other time I go to the MLM and click a button, the screens come up blank. I can make a video if needed.

Edit: Looking at the FM3 screen I can see that it's going to MLM View 4, which does not have anything assigned for the three switches. So, every other time I access the MLM clicking Presets, Scenes, or Effects takes me to MLM View 4 rather than the assigned Layout.
Took the firmware update for FM3 and updated FM3 edit. After restart device shows disconnected. Tried restarting both my Mac and the FM3.
Checking system preferences and my Mac doesn’t see the FM3 at all.

Also tried on another MacBook and same results.Unplugged midi cables from both midi ports restarted and it connects.

Any ideas?
I’m not experiencing any of that. Worked with the beta for 3 hours last night and everything was stable and working well.

what are the MIDI cables connected to @johnnyrocker33 ?

Did you "Refresh after FW" in the editor?

I see so many people miss this step, including myself the first time I did a firmware update on my AX8. In addition to the alert to follow the instructions on the front panel for powering down, etc., there should be one to refresh the editor.

I see so many people miss this step, including myself the first time I did a firmware update on my AX8. In addition to the alert to follow the instructions on the front panel for powering down, etc., there should be one to refresh the editor.
release versions typically force this refresh. betas usually don't, but for me, this one did.

Updated to #7 this morning , had some weird volume drop out , and gain drop issues with some of my scenes, everything normal, couple mins of play and volume drop to almost nothing , crank volume , gain would be gone , rolled back to beta #6 and my issues are gone

I found a possible issue. I have a preset that uses a pitch block, with different channels doing different things in different scenes. I’m using 3 of the 4 pitch block channels as such: I have an effects footswitch assigned to octave down (channel A). I have a scene where channel B comes in automatically (virtual capo down 1 step). Lastly, I have a scene with classic whammy assigned channel C, and the expression pedal set to auto on once I move it. The whammy is the only channel with a controller assigned to the expression pedal with auto on set. However, when I’m in other scenes the pedal will still activate whatever is on that scene like octave down or virtual capo, and the assigned octave down button no longer works. It’s probably something I’m doing wrong, but maybe a bug.

Last edited:
I found a possible issue. I have a preset that uses a pitch block, with different channels doing different things in different scenes. I’m using 3 of the 4 pitch block channels as such: I have an effects footswitch assigned to octave down (channel A). I have a scene where channel B comes in automatically (virtual capo down 1 step). Lastly, I have a scene with classic whammy assigned channel C, and the expression pedal set to auto on once I move it. The whammy is the only channel with a controller assigned to the expression pedal with auto on set. However, when I’m in other scenes the pedal will still activate whatever is on that scene like octave down or virtual capo, and the assigned octave down button no longer works. It’s probably something I’m doing wrong, but maybe a bug.
I was having the same issue. Thought I might be doing something wrong. I would set a modifier up to only use on channel and then it would end up affecting all channels.

Actually it was my fault. In the center of the modifier edit window there is a channel select option. It defaults to ‘all’. That was it.

Back
Top Bottom