AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Give or take, but when Cliff told us he was working on porting Ares to AX8 almost 7 months ago, he clearly showed us that (at least) there's will.

Whatever has been happening behind the curtains in those 6+ months, we will not know... but one thing's sure, if Cliff hasn't came out already to say "Sorry guys, I've tried my best, but I just can't make this thing work" ( and it's not that I want him to... LOL), then there's still a tiny chance for a future update.

Last edited:
if they don't say "it's over" then there's a chance for an update.

if they do say "it's over" then there's a very close to zero chance for an update.

i prefer the first, personally.
Reaching us here telling just "Don't worry, we're still working it. At worst, next update about progress will be next month. Stay tuned!" or "No way guys, we're sorry but it is a PITA actually, things end here. Cheers!" would cost nothing...

if they don't say "it's over" then there's a chance for an update.

if they do say "it's over" then there's a very close to zero chance for an update.

i prefer the first, personally.

They did once say the original mkI was getting no more updates, back around the time of the new wah stuff, due to space issues, and then it got more updates.....

Give or take, but when Cliff told us he was working on porting Ares to AX8 almost 7 months ago, he clearly showed us that (at least) there's will.

Whatever has been happening behind the curtains in those 6+ months, we will not know... but one thing's sure, if Cliff hasn't came out already to say "Sorry guys, I've tried my best, but I just can't make this thing work" ( and it's not that I want him to... LOL), then there's still a tiny chance for a future update.

FAS is still keeping radio silence, no single word from that direction. I´m sure they read this community. Arrogant behavior i`d say. Also very bad customer service aswell. Sad..

FAS is still keeping radio silence, no single word from that direction. I´m sure they read this community. Arrogant behavior i`d say. Also very bad customer service aswell. Sad..
If they say something, people will be unhappy. If they don’t say anything, people will be unhappy.

People want specific things. Even if they say we’ll work on something, people will speculate endlessly on what they’re doing and won’t be happy when it’s not what they wanted.

Fractal has always updated things if possible. For free. Nothing has changed.

With all the desired improvements ....I’d love to see the effects and dynamic amp improvements ...compressors, gain enhancer ..etc

If it could be done easily it would’ve been done by now.

So no news is a two edge sword ....

Patience is virtue ...a hopeful virtue

As a new AX8 owner. I would like to believe that there are a still a few updates coming but. I also understand that Axe111 and FM 3. Are the latest and greatest.

More amps like Usa JP2C, Quad Tape Delay and Ares last firmware would be soooo Nice !!! Thanks to Cliff and all Fractal Team. Love my Ax8 and love Fractal Audio.

Dunno about new amps and FX... after all, the Axe Fx II only got the FAS Skull Crusher. I guess the JP2C, Morgan, etc... are exclusive of the III/FM3.

Just chiming in... Still hopeful! Takecare everyone.

Well, at this point I just don't know anymore. I asked Cliff in the Axe Fx III 12.08 Beta 2 thread about a chance to get the new improved Pitch block algos in the WIP Ares port for the AX8 and basically told me about it being a Legacy product and they not selling it anymore. I TOTALLY get what he means, tho... It's just that I was still hopeful, not about getting on par with current FM3 standards (I'm not gonna lie, as much as that is practically impossible given HW limitations, that would've been awesome) but 'at least' getting on par with the Axe FX II (Ares 2.0) in terms of Firmware, because even that the update was several months ago, the difference between Quantum 10 and Ares 2 is stellar, it's like lifting a blanket off your speakers.

Well, at this point I just don't know anymore. I asked Cliff in the Axe Fx III 12.08 Beta 2 thread about a chance to get the new improved Pitch block algos in the WIP Ares port for the AX8 and basically told me about it being a Legacy product and they not selling it anymore. I TOTALLY get what he means, tho... It's just that I was still hopeful, not about getting on par with current FM3 standards (I'm not gonna lie, as much as that is practically impossible given HW limitations, that would've been awesome) but 'at least' getting on par with the Axe FX II (Ares 2.0) in terms of Firmware, because even that the update was several months ago, the difference between Quantum 10 and Ares 2 is stellar, it's like lifting a blanket off your speakers.

That's it, updating AX8 to Ares 2.0 would lift off the blanket and we would have an FM3 quality device with 11 switches. Moreover we are in the legacy side of the forum...
Instead of switching from AX8 to FM3 I would wait for Quad Cortex comparison. To me, having an Axe Fx III-like device fitted into a small chassis with 8+ switches would be a killer factor.

I totally agree with you.
I was hopeful when I saw the AxeFXII updates with Ares.
I would like very much a new update. With Ares if that's possible.
And if it is not, I would like Fractal or Cliff or God says "sorry guys, there will be no more updates anymore. Buy a FM3 :smile:" and that's it, case closed and everyone happy.
(sorry, my english it's getting worse).

I would like very much a new update. With Ares if that's possible.<

There is no one on this Forum who doesn't feel that, as well.

And if it is not, I would like Fractal or Cliff or God says "sorry guys, there will be no more updates anymore. Buy a FM3 :smile:" and that's it, case closed and everyone happy.<

Please be aware that there's a tiny bit of hope, as long as that announcement DOESN'T get made. Which would you prefer... a tiny bit of hope? Or NONE?
Yeah, me too. And everyone else, I'd imagine, including yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom