Is arrived the time for Axe-Fx III to profile an amp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that looks like the tonematching process to me. Maybe what he's referring to is a new patent which the application hasn't been published yet. (Note that one was filed May 2015, but dated November 2016 which I assume is then the Patent Office processed and published the application).

Yeah that looks like the tonematching process to me. Maybe what he's referring to is a new patent which the application hasn't been published yet. (Note that one was filed May 2015, but dated November 2016 which I assume is then the Patent Office processed and published the application).

I don't think that patent is about tonematch, it explicitly talks about gain and compression matching and we know that's not possible with tonematch.

Furthermore it mentions a previous patent below about "Automatic amp matching"

This is interesting "A further aspect of the disclosure provides a method of manufacturing a simulation device"

Maybe I wasn't too far off here:

Something even better than profiling you say.. uhm.. 🤔

I'll try to make a guess:
It's a software in which you can draw or load the schematic of an amp or a pedal and it automatically creates the model to load on the axe fx.

PS: and it will be called Amp-Lab or FASpice
Maybe we could create models based on the schematic and then the "profiling" corrects the model to match the real world amp

Hopefully Fractal's patent attorneys are better than the corp I work for. All my patents have taken at least two years. I was just granted one that was filed at least three years ago.

It's usually not a fast process.

Should? I'd say "the best technology IS now focusing on..."

That was edited to exclude my point :). But I'm sure you understand what I'm saying. Profiling an existing amp, and Cliff's patent, while useful, is the antithesis of what I'm advocating.

That was edited to exclude my point :). But I'm sure you understand what I'm saying. Profiling an existing amp, and Cliff's patent, while useful, is the antithesis of what I'm advocating.
Yup, people are too hung up on recreating rather than creating. They scrutinize audio clips and say "the model has a little less bass than the real amp". So turn the bass up.

Or "I really need a model of that Death Monger Seal Clubber XT500 amp, I can't bring teh brutalz without it." For chrissakes it's probably just a tweaked SLO 100 like every modern metal amp ever made. Or I spend months modeling it and "eh, it's okay but I still prefer the Recto models".

I think I'm in the mindset that anyone can call it whatever they want - profiling, modeling, etc (I know they're not the same thing) - but if I can plug into something and get the feel and tone that inspires me to play, I'm good. The AX8 was the first thing that really did that for me - and now the III is just blowing me away every time I plug in.

I totally love the idea of changing engine parts, swapping out ignition coils and connectors. Modifying mechanical parts. Swapping out tires and suspension systems ...etc

This is the shining unsurpassed glory of AxeFx!!!

What is profiling again? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I remember now 👍🏻....factory presets! 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom