[Implemented] List Display Zoom

ruso

Fractal Fanatic
While the FM3 has a beautiful and easy to read display, I see potential for improvements in regards to how it displays lists of presets, scenes, amps, cabs, effects, etc., especially when currently, the display basically imitates that of the Axe-FX III. But alas, many of us aren’t operating our FM3’s from eye level or from a rack.

So, I propose a zoom function to enlarge all lists. Obviously, less information would be able to be displayed at one time, but I feel this would be a welcome feature for those with poor eyesight.

Here’s a concept I quickly threw together:
FM3_big_scenes_4x.jpg
The above example would be a 4x zoom setting, which would display four out of eight scenes. A 2x zoom setting would display all eight scenes with four scenes per each of the two columns:
FM3_big_scenes_2x.jpg

Of course this could be applied to the rest of the lists for presets, amps, cabs, effects, parameters, etc.:
FM3_big_reverb_2x.jpg
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I’m not following you. Could you explain?

If you're in a preset select layout, you may want to show the presets in the current bank. For the scenes layout, show the scenes for the current preset.

Other uses:
  • Show the hold functions with status for the current layout/view
  • Show the functions for a configurable number of views in the current layout - so if you're on view 1, you could see what's on view 2 as well or 3 views, or all 4 views - depending on what you use. Even showing the current view is useful if the lighting makes the mini-displays difficult to read or you just want bigger text or different colors.
  • Show details for effects - the most obvious thing would be the current model/type for the block - drive type, chorus type, etc.
    • For toggles - show both with the current one highlighted
    • For increment - show current and next
    • For bypass - show current name

While the FM3 has a beautiful and easy to read display, I see potential for improvements in regards to how it displays lists of presets, scenes, amps, cabs, effects, etc., especially when currently, the display basically imitates that of the Axe-FX III. But alas, many of us aren’t operating our FM3’s from eye level or from a rack.

So, I propose a zoom function to enlarge all lists. Obviously, less information would be able to be displayed at one time, but I feel this would be a welcome feature for those with poor eyesight.

Here’s a concept I quickly through together:
View attachment 66575
The above example would be a 4x zoom setting, which would display four out of eight scenes. A 2x zoom setting would display all eight scenes with four scenes per each of the two columns:
View attachment 66576

Of course this could be applied to the rest of the lists for presets, amps, cabs, effects, parameters, etc.:
View attachment 66578
Thoughts?

looks awesome like the 8 scenes

If you're in a preset select layout, you may want to show the presets in the current bank. For the scenes layout, show the scenes for the current preset.

Other uses:
  • Show the hold functions with status for the current layout/view
  • Show the functions for a configurable number of views in the current layout - so if you're on view 1, you could see what's on view 2 as well or 3 views, or all 4 views - depending on what you use. Even showing the current view is useful if the lighting makes the mini-displays difficult to read or you just want bigger text or different colors.
  • Show details for effects - the most obvious thing would be the current model/type for the block - drive type, chorus type, etc.
    • For toggles - show both with the current one highlighted
    • For increment - show current and next
    • For bypass - show current name

Ahh, ok. I get it now.

@lyricbread This is brilliant! I hope Fractal takes the initiative on this one. Like you said, its a great, crisp display, but the font is just too small in some cases. Having some screen config options like this would be killer. Nice photoshop work btw.

Thank you. The current display configuration works for a rack unit, but an option for a larger font makes perfect sense for a floor unit.

I'd love to see a little graphic showing at a glance what view you're on. Like a mini display of what you see in the FC editor - even just 4 rectangles, one highlighted for the current view. Maybe as a horizontal row across the top of the display.

Back
Top Bottom