FM3 Now Shipping

Yeah but someone could buy a second one and sell it to me. :) Other less informed members of this forum here don't seem to understand that.
Yeah, that's not how I read your post... But if that's what you meant then fair enough.

I've seen numerous people on previous wait-lists try to get someone to "pass on" their invite to them.

I thought that's what was being said :)

I've seen numerous people on previous wait-lists try to get someone to "pass on" their invite to them.

Screw that! I waited an entire year for this thing. I’ll be damned if I’m passing mine off. Even if I didn’t need it, I’d still buy it out of spite for having waited so damn long. 😂

I pop in from time-to-time to check the status of the FM3 list. Good LORD it's getting rambunctious around here. 70 Pages at time of this post - and if you take out the speculation, infighting and posturing - it could probably be trimmed down to 3. This is like TGP on angel dust. Lol !!!!

Daneyo & anyone else looking for an update:

It looks like, as of yesterday, they've got invites out through the 4/26/2019 wait list date. So all the folks carried over from the AX8 wait list + the first few days of the FM3 list. No guess as to what the rest of the list looks like, how fast/slow it moves, or how far the initial supply will stretch.

Last edited:
Yeah but someone could buy a second one and sell it to me. :) Other less informed members of this forum here don't seem to understand that.
But that's what I tried to tell you: No one can buy a second one any faster than you can get on the waitlist yourself and buy one. If they buy one without a headphone jack they don't get to keep their spot for a headphone unit, they get taken off the list and can only re-join at the end if they want to get a headphone unit too. Which you can do just as quickly by joining the waitlist now.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude, I've been cooped up inside for quite a while now with everything going on. I'm just trying to explain that you misunderstand how the waitlist works, and you'd get an FM3 sooner joining yourself.

But that's what I tried to tell you: No one can buy a second one any faster than you can get on the waitlist yourself and buy one. If they buy one without a headphone jack they don't get to keep their spot for a headphone unit, they get taken off the list and can only re-join at the end if they want to get a headphone unit too. Which you can do just as quickly by joining the waitlist now.

I'm sorry if I came across as rude, I've been cooped up inside for quite a while now with everything going on. I'm just trying to explain that you misunderstand how the waitlist works, and you'd get an FM3 sooner joining yourself.

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info from but that’s patently false. You can buy a second one. And no sweat. We’re all on edge. Myself included.

I’m not sure where you’re getting your info from but that’s patently false. You can buy a second one. And no sweat. We’re all on edge. Myself included.

Where did you see info about being able to buy more than one? Pretty sure if it was 'possible' through the FAS checkout system, your order would just be manually cancelled--this happened when the FM3 initially launched and there was a store item placeholder (people placed an order and it was promptly cancelled). Just curious.

As far as I know there is a limit of 1 per order, but you can re-join the waitlist after you used your invite, so you can get a second unit when your turn comes around again

From the availabilty tab on the fractal fm3 website

When your FM3 is ready to ship, you will receive an email invitation with a purchase link. At this time the FM3 is limited to one per customer but we can make exceptions for professional players who require a backup unit (please contact us about this only after you receive your purchase invitation).

Fairly easy to get the right info guys on that one...

Daneyo & anyone else looking for an update:

It looks like, as of yesterday, they've got invites out through the 4/26/2019 wait list date. So all the folks carried over from the AX8 wait list + the first few days of the FM3 list. No guess as to what the rest of the list looks like, how fast/slow it moves, or how far the initial supply will stretch.

I joined the waitlist on 4/27/2019 and received my invite on Friday.

I joined the waitlist on 4/27/2019 and received my invite on Friday.

Thanks for posting this! So it's kind of looking like we can all expect about a year delay between initial sign up and invitation to purchase (barring continued stock availability and similar rate of administrative / shipping practices). I also could hopefully assume that the sheer number of waitlist requests in the first few days / weeks is significantly higher than subsequent days / weeks / months. But, we'll see!

Thanks for posting this! So it's kind of looking like we can all expect about a year delay between initial sign up and invitation to purchase (barring continued stock availability and similar rate of administrative / shipping practices). I also could hopefully assume that the sheer number of waitlist requests in the first few days / weeks is significantly higher than subsequent days / weeks / months. But, we'll see!

I doubt it will be a year for everyone. It took quite a while to get through the first few days. It seems to be gaining momentum the further out we get.

I don't think anyone can expect a year delay except for the people who they're working through right now. They didn't wait one year from taking signups then start shipping at the same pace they got signups, they opened the list on April 23rd and just started shipping them in February. And they've been working through the backlog of AX8 carryovers and then the initial burst of signups since. It just happens we're at a crossing point now where people (on the AX8 list) had been waiting over a year, and now it's flipping to people who waited under a year. And it's going to keep speeding up from here assuming the largest batch of signups happened on the day of release and shortly after :)

Back
Top Bottom