Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
Having fun playing with some of the Layouts and adding Views capabilities and tweaking a few things to work with my dual-FC6 setup. :)

Got it down to just 3 layouts (SCENES/PRESET/BANK, SCENE, and MAIN EFX1), as I don't use the looper for much more than dialing in sounds without having to reach over the guitar to get to the keyboard/mouse.

The MAIN EFX1 and EFX2 layouts were a natural to switch to one giant MAIN EFX1 layout with Views to switch which set of buttons you see.

Plus, with the dual-FC6 setup, I can select the MAIN EFX1 layout on the other two layouts, and the layout is replaced by MAIN EFX1 View 1 on the first FC6, while the second FC6 gets swapped from MAIN EFX1 View 1 to MAIN EFX1 View 2 via Layout Links, giving me a full selection of EFX buttons to use. Selecting either SCENES/PRESET/BANK or SCENE layout again on the first FC6 swaps the second FC6 back to MAIN EFX1 View 1 again via Layout Links.

The SCENE layout has the View swap on the Layout Link to swap Views when using the Hold switches. View 2 has the same scene switches, but with the Tap and Hold reversed. The net effect is when you use a Hold switch to switch scene, it also swaps Views so the scene you activated is now on a Tap switch, and shines brightly telling you which scene is in use. :) That particular layout is usable (with some tweaks to put the original layout switches back) within the AB pack.

SCENEPRESETBANK.fclayout
SCENE.fclayout
MAIN%20EFX1.fclayout

It's pretty slick what you can do with these things, and again I feel the need to thank the Fractal folks for Views.... :D

Here is a copy of the SCENE layout adapted for Views and set up for use as Layout 2, per AB's original version....

Last edited:
Just spent some more time cycling thru. Wow!!! The Leon Todd preset sounds like Leon's videos!! I love it and I'm not a Mesa guy....yet. @2112 should check it out....lol ;) LeonTodd ABC IICC ++ v12, scene 2 is where it's at. I can see it easily becoming one of my 'benchmark' presets to put my creations up against.

Have another question for you guys... I'm deep in to the FM3/Axe-Fx III Dream Rigs programming, not quite half way there yet, but making progress.

The question is....when there is a multi-channel amp - like Diezel, or a Captain Hook, or a EVH 5150 III or a Mark II C+.... do you want a preset that combines the 2-4 channels in one preset (you only get four tones per preset), or would you prefer to have a preset for each channel (four sounds, from lower to higher gain)?

For example, would you prefer

Hook 1A
Hook 1B
Hook 2A
Hook 2B

Or a Hook Rig A presets that combines channels (A), then a Hook Rig A preset that combines channels (B?)

Again, the idea behind Dream Rigs is you find the Preset/Scenes?Amp sounds you like from clean to scream across multiple presets, and copy/paste into your own rig.

Thoughts?

On the Splawns, I love 'em so much I just did a preset for each channel... I may do a hybrid of the above to offer both.

Have another question for you guys... I'm deep in to the FM3/Axe-Fx III Dream Rigs programming, not quite half way there yet, but making progress.

The question is....when there is a multi-channel amp - like Diezel, or a Captain Hook, or a EVH 5150 III or a Mark II C+.... do you want a preset that combines the 2-4 channels in one preset (you only get four tones per preset), or would you prefer to have a preset for each channel (four sounds, from lower to higher gain)?

Hook 1A
Hook 1B
Hook 2A
Hook 2B

Or a Hook Rig A presets that combines channels (A), then a Hook Rig A preset that combines channels (B?)

Again, the idea behind Dream Rigs is you find the Preset/Scenes?Amp sounds you like from clean to scream across multiple presets, and copy/paste into your own rig.

Thoughts?

On the Splawns, I love 'em so much I just did a preset for each channel... I may do a hybrid of the above to offer both.
From a copy-and-paste-to-build-your-own perspective, I think putting all those channels in a single preset is a good idea.

From a Dream-Rigs-as-stand-alone-presets perspective, use whichever method yields the best sonic results. :)

Last edited:

Hook 1A
Hook 1B
Hook 2A
Hook 2B

Thoughts?

This is why I am leery of the combined AXE III/FM3 packs because of the limitations of the FM3 you have to worry about as compared to the AXE III.

I get what you’re saying. I’ve had an @austinbuddy Pack for the AX8 and now the AxeIII. In both cases I spent a few weeks or up to a couple of months building what I thought was my own sweet sounding tone. In both cases the rigs in the Amp Packs became starting points to tweaking a better personal tone.
His has been the only set of presets that I’ve loaded and NOT said ‘meh.. something’s missing’. I took the dry tones and tweak from there.

This is why I am leery of the combined AXE III/FM3 packs because of the limitations of the FM3 you have to worry about as compared to the AXE III.

Hi @rhummellh - personally, I don't think you should worry about the raw amp sound between the FM3 and Axe-Fx III for my TonePacks. It will be the same basic amp tone on both platforms, especially if you use just one Cab IR in a preset with an amp.

Hi @rhummellh - personally, I don't think you should worry about the raw amp sound between the FM3 and Axe-Fx III for my TonePacks. It will be the same basic amp tone on both platforms, especially if you use just one Cab IR in a preset with an amp.
Thanks for replying AB! I was just concerned that there might be some trade offs not necessarily with the amps but other stuff. I am always completely blown away by your presets/packs!!! I always appreciate your tireless dedication on these and amazing amount of work you put into the updates.

Hook 1A
Hook 1B
Hook 2A
Hook 2B

Thoughts?

My 2 cents and what I find most useful is whatever combination has the most utility live (that's what the Dream Rigs is more geared towards, correct?). Whether that be a variation from clean to lead or a preset of all heavy sounds. I think each approach has it's place depending on the particular preset or goal.

My 2 cents and what I find most useful is whatever combination has the most utility live (that's what the Dream Rigs is more geared towards, correct?). Whether that be a variation from clean to lead or a preset of all heavy sounds. I think each approach has it's place depending on the particular preset or goal.
Well put.

I agree. I am switching direction a little, back towards original Dream Rigs organization AX8/Axe-Fx III. I find some amps just sound better for live use that others. They may use a cab IR that is not what you might think of traditionally as the "right" cab IR.

I'm going to really orient this TonePack to live playing and put up front the presets/amps that sound best to me for a live gig (genre depending). Still include the others but in different banks. All this takes a long time but is so worth it to get it "right."

I agree. I am switching direction a little, back towards original Dream Rigs organization AX8/Axe-Fx III. I find some amps just sound better for live use that others. They may use a cab IR that is not what you might think of traditionally as the "right" cab IR.

I'm going to really orient this TonePack to live playing and put up front the presets/amps that sound best to me for a live gig (genre depending). Still include the others but in different banks. All this takes a long time but is so worth it to get it "right."
This will be worth the price simply for that organization, not to mention the great sounds. The naked amps pack sounds great live for me with little tweaking, but organizing the sounds I like the best into one preset can be daunting. Take the Marshalls for example, I use a Plexi sound for my clean/edge of breakup, but have been liking the Jubilee for leads. I can't wait for it!

Yes and yes! My dream rig powers up at the gig ready to roll. No cut/paste/rerouting needed. You may never perfectly achieve that, but it's a worthy goal.

All this takes a long time but is so worth it to get it "right."

I'm very interested to see this, the only thing is everyone's version of which amps/presets sound best may be different, so getting it right could be a real headache for you.

One question (purely out of curiosity), have you got any plans for adding the TwoRock amps to the Naked Amps TonePack?

I'm very interested to see this, the only thing is everyone's version of which amps/presets sound best may be different, so getting it right could be a real headache for you.

One question (purely out of curiosity), have you got any plans for adding the TwoRock amps to the Naked Amps TonePack?
The fractal modeled Two Rock amps are in there - it is a Jet 35.

Back
Top Bottom