FracTool - for power users only

After browsing this thread I suspect the answer is "no" but will ask... Can FracTool convert down from an AxeFX III patch to an AxeFX II patch ?

After browsing this thread I suspect the answer is "no" but will ask... Can FracTool convert down from an AxeFX III patch to an AxeFX II patch ?
No ;)
But it can display an AxeFx III preset offline, hence allowing you to try to copy it manually. Which will of course not produce the same sound,because of different firmwares etc...

No ;)
But it can display an AxeFx III preset offline, hence allowing you to try to copy it manually. Which will of course not produce the same sound,because of different firmwares etc...

I did NOT think of trying that thanks for the idea! Even though it won't be exact, I can at least see the ideas in the patch.

I want to reorganize my cabs, make room for some new ones by a maker whose stuff I have all together so far. Since there's no support for that in Axe-Edit or the III itself, FracTool seems like the best shot. I'm pretty new to Fractal, so I haven't used third-party IRs a lot yet, making this much easier.

I'd want to find all the IRs that are used by presets, and which presets, move the IRs around, then adjust all the affected presets to point to the new locations of the used IRs that I moved.

I know how to see the presets that use each IR. (I do have a feature request about that though. It'd be great to have the option not to show IRs that aren't used in any presets.)

To move them, I think I can just drag them into new locations in Axe-Edit. Right?

Is there anything FracTool can do to help with remapping certain IRs in certain presets? I don't have a tons of presets that will be affected, so it's not a big deal, just wondering.

This function is in FracTool, under the name "cab list"
Took me a minute to figure out how to use it tbh. It comes up blank, you have to click refresh to tell it to get the data from your Axe, which takes a fair while; seems like it reads each preset one by one over midi.

Hello, I converted syx file for Axe II into Axe III, but nothing is shown when I import the converted file into my Axe III.
What was wrong?
I attached both files, before conversion and after conversion.

Attachments

• Enemy Inside(AxeFx III).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Enemy Inside.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 3
Hello, I converted syx file for Axe II into Axe III, but nothing is shown when I import the converted file into my Axe III.
What was wrong?
I attached both files, before conversion and after conversion.
Use latest axefx3 firmware or do the conversion with your axefx3 connected and droping old files on axe-fx-3 icon in FracTool

Use latest axefx3 firmware or do the conversion with your axefx3 connected and droping old files on axe-fx-3 icon in FracTool
Thx a lot and I could make it, but the preset seems to be very noisy and very far from the sound I heard from the post someone had done in another forum.
Is that the correct effect of the conversion?

Thx a lot and I could make it, but the preset seems to be very noisy and very far from the sound I heard from the post someone had done in another forum.
Is that the correct effect of the conversion?
If the source firmware is not Quantum 2 and the destination firmware is not Quantum 2, of course, think about it : AxeFx 3 firmware evolved a lot from Quantum 2 to 12.07 where it's at now...
Also, even with same firmware and same machine, it would sound very different from what you've heard : I never get the same sound i hear from other users videos

Back
Top Bottom