Control Switch Momentary Bug

Zéx

Inspired
@Admin M@ The momentary function of the control switch used from a per-preset setting is not working properly when used through the system's per-preset placeholder category. When it is programmed in this way the light does not come on and the information from the Control Switch is only triggered when you release the button and before the time set in the press and hold timeout in the Fc config window.

@Admin M@ The momentary function of the control switch used from a per-preset setting is not working properly when used through the system's per-preset placeholder category. When it is programmed in this way the light does not come on and the information from the Control Switch is only triggered when you release the button and before the time set in the press and hold timeout in the Fc config window.
do you have a Hold function setup on the same switch? this would naturally conflict with a momentary switch type as it needs to wait till you let go so it can determine if you're holding or not. it's the same way a normal tap function works.

clear the Hold function on that switch if there is one - does it work correctly?

Thank you chris for your answer.
No, I just have the tap function programmed on this switch, did you try to test this situation that I described?

No, I just have the tap function programmed on this switch, did you try to test this situation that I described?
Sorry, I missed this one and for some reason when the tag didn't get to me. I can reproduce this and I'll get it fixed.

Did you set the hold function to the Per-Preset/Placeholder, too? That was the mistake I had made (and can no longer reproduce this).

If you're still having a problem, please upload your preset and system settings dump from FractalBot (System + Global Blocks + FC) and let me know which switch(es) in particular on what layout present the problem.

Did you set the hold function to the Per-Preset/Placeholder, too? That was the mistake I had made (and can no longer reproduce this).

If you're still having a problem, please upload your preset and system settings dump from FractalBot (System + Global Blocks + FC) and let me know which switch(es) in particular on what layout present the problem.

Thanks BryantP for looking at this.
Yes, I had put the hold function to the Per-Preset / Placeholder too and when I removed the switch it returned to working normally.
But shouldn't the hold function in Per-Preset / Placehold be replaced by the switch programmed without the hold function?

But shouldn't the hold function in Per-Preset / Placehold be replaced by the switch programmed without the hold function?
Yes, if you have a Per-Preset / Placeholder function set in the switch's hold function.

What do you have your Hold Function Mode set to? (HOME -> SETUP -> FC Controllers/Onboard Switches -> Config page)

Sorry Brian, here is the preset and system settings, the switch in question is in the 5 of the layout 1.

Attachments

• 200421-174016-system+gb+fc.syx
    192.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Subliminal Death full.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 2
It looks like that hold is working for me. It was unset in the PP#1 for the above preset. I set it to Control Switch 1, Momentary. When held down it engages after the 2 second timeout expires and remains engaged until it's let up. It was easy to see it engage as switch 5's tap is set to the same control switch function.

Also, what firmware are you running on the Axe-Fx III, @Zéx? Apologies, I should have asked you this right off.

I bet he gets 'Brian' about as often as I get 'Dan', 'Dave', or 'Del' instead of 'Dale'.

I also get people thinking 'Van' is my middle name, instead of part of my last name (Van Zile)....
Well why do we called Eddie EVH? His middle initial is not V :)

I'll start calling you DVZ ;)

Do you have Hold Setting set to “on release” instead of “timeout” in Setup>FC> Config?

Back
Top Bottom