Feedback Simulator

plasmatic

I did a search on here looking for how folks were simulating feedback instead of using an external pedal like the Freqout. I can't find the thread at the moment (I now realize it was on YouTube), but I think it was @simeon or @Mark Day who put a patch together that I found for the AxeFx II. I converted it to a III and made this recording with it. The intro is the only part with the feedback and it's just a short clip of an idea I started. I attached the converted preset, you use External 1 to control the feedback.

EDIT: removed my preset since Mark Day has one that covers what I was trying to do: https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7802

Last edited:
Very cool, thanks for sharing!

One big thing I've noticed about my III compared to the II or AX8 is that I can get this feedback at bedroom volumes through my FRFR. I still can't get it through my small studio monitors but it responds just like an amp through the bigger speaker. Very nice to have this on tap with a foot switch though!

i wouldn't use the pitch follower, i'd use a switch to just select (via volume) between two pitch voices. i can't think of any way that you could quantise the pitch shift between two discrete values using a continuous controller, like the pitch follower. if you can, let us know!

i wouldn't use the pitch follower, i'd use a switch to just select (via volume) between two pitch voices. i can't think of any way that you could quantise the pitch shift between two discrete values using a continuous controller, like the pitch follower. if you can, let us know!

Mark Day recently posted a patch that uses the pitch follower. It’s very cool. Here’s the preset:

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7802

it’s cool because it varies the feedback depending on the note pitch, which is cool and more like the real thing.

Mark Day recently posted a patch that uses the pitch follower. It’s very cool. Here’s the preset:

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7802

it’s cool because it varies the feedback depending on the note pitch, which is cool and more like the real thing.

Well there you go!! His Pitch block does just what I was talking about but probably would not have figured out. Thanks for sharing his preset, that helped a lot. And, thanks @Mark Day for the preset! I'm just a few days late to the party. Good times :laughing:

i can't think of any way that you could quantise the pitch shift between two discrete values using a continuous controller, like the pitch follower. if you can, let us know!

Pitch controller modifying duty% of stopped triangle LFO, B Phase around 4%. Assign LFO "B" output to shift amount, zero damping.

With LFO quantize at 3, shift modifier start/mid/end will determine shift for three pitch zones. For two zones you can just select square LFO type, although triangle & quantize = 2 also works.

I just gave this a test ride.... pretty awesome.

Will try to incorporate that into a couple other presets.... glad I ordered a 3rd EV-2 today!

I recently bought a Schecter guitar with a Sustainer pickup in it and it really is great fun to use. I know it's not exactly what we're talking about here but it's by far the closest thing to real feedback I've seen...

Back
Top Bottom