FM3 Now Shipping

It seems that a significant number of people are waiting for the headphone units, which is great for me. I'm a April 23, 9:23 PM Central Time invite. My guess is 50-50 if they have enough units to get to me in this first batch? I wonder how many units they can flash and ship in one day? I appreciate they are even working at all and I wouldn't be surprised if all comes to a halt any time soon?

My hope is that they all stay safe and well, no unit is worth any loss!

It seems that a significant number of people are waiting for the headphone units, which is great for me. I'm a April 23, 9:23 PM Central Time invite. My guess is 50-50 if they have enough units to get to me in this first batch? I wonder how many units they can flash and ship in one day? I appreciate they are even working at all and I wouldn't be surprised if all comes to a halt any time soon?

My hope is that they all stay safe and well, no unit is worth any loss!

i think you should be good
most likely they would announce if their stock was limited

Well I guess you're right but I'd rather be most anywhere else on the mainland than New York right now. I think we have 5 cases here but we're all locked down. Cops are going to start running check points to be sure people are only out on essential business. I talked to my old work mates in CA and they are staying busy, telecommuting and in good spirits.

The wait continues... but, there are more important things than gear. We have been practicing self-isolation (besides grocery trips) for about 2 weeks now. Although I did sell some pedals and need to drop off at UPS today. Maybe the headphone versions will show up while we wait.

Yup. I'm in the same boat. Going out only for groceries and to drop off mail. Leaving plenty of time for work and guitar practice. I now have time to really dig into some of the deeper features of the III. I'll wait patiently for my invite to be sent. Safety is first and I know we all appreciate the effort on the part of FAS staff to get these units in folks hands during this trying time. Thank you FAS and please be safe.

Both my wife and I work for essential services. Working from home most of the time with 2 kids around is rough let me tell you that. But I stop caring about that when I think of all the poeple without jobs and revenues. Stay safe people, play the shit out of your guitar and hang in there!

View attachment 65508
Am I the only one that did this?

I disinfected the entire outside box with Lysol spray and let it sit a bit before I even touched it. Then I put on disposable gloves and pulled out the inside box and disinfected that. Then pull out the FM3 out of the smaller box and wiped it clean with Clorox wipes really well TWICE using a new wipe the second time, including the cord. I put the paper invoice and manual under some furniture and still haven't touched that for 4 days. Then I disposed of the gloves, and washed my hands for about a minute. :)

I opened the outer box bare handed. Then pulled out the inner box with gloves and put it inside the house. Then I washed up. I figured that was good enough considering the internals had been untouched for several days. And I guess I'm just trusting that no one at Fractal has it. Probably foolish. But I'm already exposed through my two sons and myself still going to work every day, so... the extra risk seemed small.

Wait list - 4/23 2:57; rec'd 3/27/20

If you get your email to purchase but want to wait, can you then purchase at any time or do you have to get in line again? I am debating waiting for the headphone unit. Or if I buy one now, can I then buy a headphone unit when they come out or will I have to enter the waitlist from the beginning again? Sorry if this has been asked.

Back
Top Bottom