Need Help With New FM3

Icarusuki

Here is the issue I am experiencing:

FM3-Edit does not connect to the FM3

Troubleshooting Steps Thus far:
I have installed both the Drivers from the FM3 Downloads page.
I have swapped cables and USB ports.
I have uninstalled everything and re-installed.
I have restarted all connected equipment.
I have factory reset the FM3.

Background:
I currently own and use an Axe FX III & AX8, both of which have worked flawlessly with my studio PC (Windows 10) (Currently uninstalled, since I had issues with the FM3). I have previously used an Axe FX II XL+, MFC, FX8, and Axe FX Ultra, also all uninstalled.

Fractal Bot can see and interact with the FM3.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm hoping this is something simple, that I have overlooked.

Thanks,

~Icarus

A few other usb troubleshooting ideas:
Run FM3-Edit as Administrator and see what happens.
Disable USB power management.

Ensure that USB power management is disabled in the advanced section of the power options setting if you’re talking about Windows.

Thanks, but that's not it. Power management is set appropriately. Fractal Bot can see the FM3, Windows responds to plugging/unplugging, and both the AX8 & Axe FX III work with the same port/cable.

ETA: I have run as Admin and disabled power management.

Last edited:

Background:
I currently own and use an Axe FX III & AX8, both of which have worked flawlessly with my studio PC (Windows 10) (Currently uninstalled, since I had issues with the FM3). I have previously used an Axe FX II XL+, MFC, FX8, and Axe FX Ultra, also all uninstalled.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm hoping this is something simple, that I have overlooked.

Thanks,

~Icarus

make sure you have both
the latest fractal bot and FM3 edit
i had to update my Fractal bot when i got the fm3

make sure you have both
the latest fractal bot and FM3 edit
i had to update my Fractal bot when i got the fm3

Fractal Bot is functional, I haven’t seen a newer version of FM3-Edit than the one I downloaded today. Is there a newer version, somewhere not obvious?

You mentioned your PC is known good..... but I would be grabbing a laptop or another PC for a test....
Gotta Mac ?

You mentioned your PC is known good..... but I would be grabbing a laptop or another PC for a test....
Gotta Mac ?

Yeah, I did that just now and it all installed and worked as expected. It's definitely something with the other PC. I reinstalled Axe Edit III and it is back up and running. I did notice the secondary PC is a running a slightly newer version of Windows, so I am in the process of updating the Studio PC.

Who knows, maybe that'll fix it?

Yeah, I did that just now and it all installed and worked as expected. It's definitely something with the other PC. I reinstalled Axe Edit III and it is back up and running. I did notice the secondary PC is a running a slightly newer version of Windows, so I am in the process of updating the Studio PC.

Who knows, maybe that'll fix it?
Oh oh oh
Antivirus/malware/Defender? I’m just throwing grenades over the fence.

Background:

Thanks,

~Icarus
Have you tried a different USB port. I have this issue when I plug in my Helix LT on a particular USB port the Fractal no longer recognizes that port. Not sure if the Helix driver is re-configuring that port somehow. But you may be running into a similar issue.

At this point, I'm just going to build a new computer. I'm sick of this one, anyway. :p

Built a new PC and that resolved this issue. I'm not sure if the old version of Windows 10 is what was causing this, as the Old PC would not update to the latest version. But all PCs that worked were on at least v1903.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom