Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their science labs and scientists are second to none. I would not be surprised if they had anti viral, genetically modifying mRna that can alter your own code in that segment so you can simply have that new instructions put into your learning chip. Set or something like that

Anyway, I wonder what thay ARE doing.....

Their science labs and scientists are second to none. I would not be surprised if they had anti viral, genetically modifying mRna that can alter your own code in that segment so you can simply have that new instructions put into your learning chip. Set or something like that

Anyway, I wonder what thay ARE doing.....

testing 100,000 people a week. That's what they are doing. So they are catching many of the mild or asymptomatic cases.

in other news, in NZ we are going into a 4 week lock down tonight. With 155 confirmed cases, many of them attributed to air travel, I hope this is soon enough.

My company's IT department relocated all of us (over 1000 people) into work from home in less than a week. An amazing job, absolute legends! We're making VFX, so it's a bit more complicated than grabbing a laptop and going home... I have my stuff set up and running since yesterday and love it.

FAEEC71D-22FB-4A99-AEDD-DC16CC85EE06.jpeg

Last edited:
Donnie B and Sharka. Any more references to what you were going for, and I will give you a bit of time to ruminate on your posts.

Don't go there.

Folks. Welcome to my doomsday post.

I am trying mightily to keep us within the bounds of our forum rules. Some are making this exceedingly difficult.

NO REFERENCES TO:

-What you consider biased media.
-What you consider problems with ANY governmental administration.

Stick with facts. Debate those. If you post a link, MAKE SURE it's a link that is based on actual data, not 'Josh's Blog' that makes crazy allegations.

Yes, this situation is tough, and I want this thread to continue. But I will nuke every thread that does not have anything to do with FACT, or (the point of this thread) the Folding app..if necessary.

Ron

i’ve been catching up on stuff in the US. New York is having a terrible time right now and Trump wants everyone back to work by Easter?
As we say in England “ ‘ave a word”

It's called "anchoring", he uses this technique so often that I'm baffled that people don't recognize it at this point. Oldest trick in the book. You make an insane and unacceptable first offer, and let the other party sit on it for a while, fuming. Then you make a more acceptable offer for what you wanted in the first place, and they breathe a sigh of relief and let you have it. If you asked for what you really wanted right off the bat, there's no way in hell you'd get it.

Epidemiologically the US does not behave like a single country. I'll be more like 50 different countries, and it should be treated as such. If they ramp up testing by a ton (and that seems to be happening already), and perhaps find a therapeutic that alleviates the most severe cases (which also might happen), there will be no reason not to lift some of the restrictions outside the epicenters. Or, to be more precise, there will be a reason, but economic reasons will outweigh if hardly anybody is dying. You can't shut down indefinitely.

But it requires preparation, hence the initial "unacceptable" offer. Watch this play out over the next 2.5 weeks.

And if the situation gets markedly worse, he gets to just not do it at all and look like a prudent and reasonable guy who listens to his advisors. 2 ways to win, no way to lose.

Airborne is a confusing term. You need to be more specific.
If an infected person sneezes in a room:
Pheumatic = a minute later you can safely walk through the room and not get infected by the air.
Aerosol = you need to stay out of the room for hours or you'll get infected by the air.

Covid-19 is pneumatic and not aerosol.

This is incorrect. There are numerous studies already on this and it seems that it is aerosol and can remain in the air for 3 hours or more.

Well, I don't drink, I don't smoke and I have only Hypertensive heart disease (that according to this article is the same between men and women) I have the same probability to be killed by COVID... I don't know if I feel better... :(:confused:

Stock market up nearly 2000 points yesterday. It will be a short-lived gain. People still underestimate the gravity of the situation. As soon as you try to restore things to "normal" the virus will just spread again. Until we get herd immunity or a vaccine things will be dire. Herd immunity will take many months if not years. Same with a vaccine.

A global depression is likely. All the stimulus in the world won't destroy the virus and the virus is the problem. So either people stay home and businesses suffer and fail or you go back to normal life and millions or even billions die.

This is incorrect. There are numerous studies already on this and it seems that it is aerosol and can remain in the air for 3 hours or more.

Sorry, but wherever you got this info is incorrect. If there was even a hint that the virus was airborne we'd know by now. And not just via
the internet. No more daily briefings. No more live cable news. No more grocery stores and gas stations open. Normal radio stations
would have signed off. You would see zero traffic on the highways except for emergency hazmat vehicles and not a single country
would be reporting lulls in new cases - which we'd only be hearing over AM emergency broadcast stations. And the infected numbers
would be in the tens of millions by now.

In the entire history of recorded medicine only one virus has ever been discovered to infect via airborne transmission - the measles.
Trust me, it is not aerosol. You simply can not believe half the stuff you read these days.

Epidemiologically the US does not behave like a single country. I'll be more like 50 different countries, and it should be treated as such.

Unfortunately this is so true. Florida, a state loaded with prime targets for the virus, hasn't even shut themselves down yet, while NY and CA, (20% of the US population) are shut down.

Last edited:
Airborne is a confusing term. You need to be more specific.
If an infected person sneezes in a room:
Pheumatic = a minute later you can safely walk through the room and not get infected by the air.
Aerosol = you need to stay out of the room for hours or you'll get infected by the air.

Covid-19 is pneumatic and not aerosol.

Why do doctors need FFP2 masks ? And googles ?

In experimental conditions, it can be detectable in aerosols up to 3 hours.
Is the viral load enough to infect ? That’s another question.

I think that it’s better to stay on the safe side and assume that you can be infected if you stay near and long enough an infected patient.

Personnally, I would not enter in that room.
And a friend of mine, infectiologist, does not enter the « covid-19 »’s chambers without a FFP2 mask, googles, etc.

https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMc2004973

Last edited:
Why do doctors need FFP2 masks ? And googles ?

Because they directly exposed to infected people all day. Ever had a sudden sneeze?
Use your common sense. If a deadly virus is found to be airborne the entire country would
get completely shut down overnight. People in power wouldn't be thinking about economies.

EDIT: The heir to the British throne has tested positive. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom