Respect the Low End

I've been dying to finish this up for you guys and so glad that it's finally here. I just released a Cab Pack based on an Ampeg Heritage Series SVT-410HLF that sounds absurdly good! I made a clip using the Porta-Bass model and my J-Bass with the Micro Boost in front for a little extra grit. The clip is a looper that scrolls through some of the Mixes found in the pack to showcase different tones, midrange, and pick attack with the same amp settings. The fourth play through (Mix 07) is my Dug Pinnick mix. There are 11 Mixes in the pack and 90 single mic shots along with Port and Tweeter captures. For this clip, I used Mixes 01, 04, 05, 07, 08, 10, and 11. The other mixes can be darker, brighter, or more mid-forward.

I'll make some more clips soon with my '75 Mustang Bass as well, but thought you guys would dig this for the time being.

At the moment, it has introductory pricing, but I also made a promo code STAYINSIDE30 for an extra 30% off, so you can grab it for $10.49 until Saturday, then it goes back up to $14.99. So take advantage of my "social distancing sale" while you can. I really can't wait to hear what you guys think of this thing!

Always respecting the low end,
-Justin

Just got this, absolutely superb, thanks!

I've been dying to finish this up for you guys and so glad that it's finally here. I just released a Cab Pack based on an Ampeg Heritage Series SVT-410HLF that sounds absurdly good! I made a clip using the Porta-Bass model and my J-Bass with the Micro Boost in front for a little extra grit. The clip is a looper that scrolls through some of the Mixes found in the pack to showcase different tones, midrange, and pick attack with the same amp settings. The fourth play through (Mix 07) is my Dug Pinnick mix. There are 11 Mixes in the pack and 90 single mic shots along with Port and Tweeter captures. For this clip, I used Mixes 01, 04, 05, 07, 08, 10, and 11. The other mixes can be darker, brighter, or more mid-forward.

I'll make some more clips soon with my '75 Mustang Bass as well, but thought you guys would dig this for the time being.

At the moment, it has introductory pricing, but I also made a promo code STAYINSIDE30 for an extra 30% off, so you can grab it for $10.49 until Saturday, then it goes back up to $14.99. So take advantage of my "social distancing sale" while you can. I really can't wait to hear what you guys think of this thing!

-Justin

Sounds very good, you got my 10.49, can't wait to try. I actually got that exact cab myself. It's great.

Sounds very good, you got my 10.49, can't wait to try. I actually got that exact cab myself. It's great.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! I've been liking it a lot with the Porta-Bass, SV Bass 1, and USA Bass 400 2 (with the mids dimed out) in particular, but also just started running the Tube Pre model before the main amp model for a little more "grab" in the finger tone. The Level needs to be set pretty high, but you can sculpt more punch into your tone with just using the input drive and basic tone controls. My bass player uses a Nobel preamp into his vintage Sunn amps. Once this whole pandemic clears up, I'm going to have him over and see if we can match that incredible sounding pedal.

Thanks, I really appreciate that! I've been liking it a lot with the Porta-Bass, SV Bass 1, and USA Bass 400 2 (with the mids dimed out) in particular, but also just started running the Tube Pre model before the main amp model for a little more "grab" in the finger tone. The Level needs to be set pretty high, but you can sculpt more punch into your tone with just using the input drive and basic tone controls. My bass player uses a Nobel preamp into his vintage Sunn amps. Once this whole pandemic clears up, I'm going to have him over and see if we can match that incredible sounding pedal.
That would be amazing. I've been lusting after the noble preamp for quite some time.

Add a parallel DI signal with eq to increase variety.

Do we talk about the exact signal here, that we have right at the input?....i.e. when recording the DI signal on USB 5/6.. ?
I ask, because using that signal for reamping works perfectly fine for me. However using the signal to blend it with an amp is just too weak and lacks bottom end.

Do we talk about the exact signal here, that we have right at the input?....i.e. when recording the DI signal on USB 5/6.. ?
I ask, because using that signal for reamping works perfectly fine for me. However using the signal to blend it with an amp is just too weak and lacks bottom end.
The EQ in the DI signal path has generous amounts of block volume boost if you need it in order to balance with the amp level.

-Justin

Just bought this pack, absolutely love it so far. Thanks heaps for putting it together, I think these are going to become some of my go-to cabs for getting nice gritty bass tones.

Back
Top Bottom