Preset Pack Idea

Akstrat

Experienced
My guess is that there are people out there starting to think about or develop packs for the FM3. I really enjoyed AB presets for the AX8. Although I could manage my way around the AX8 and come up with patches for my gigs, I would much rather just pay someone for some killer patches and spend time practicing. I'm a weekend warrior that plays in a cover band from classic rock to modern country. Rather than tones of amps like Marshall or Fender, it would be cool to buy a package of 50 great guitarists? Page, Clapton, Gibbons, Gilmour, Urban, Paisley, Knofler..... you get the idea. Each tone could emulate the most used amps and effects effects used by each of those guitarists through their careers. I'm just thinking about the time it would save me! Just wondering if there are others in the same boat and if there are developers that would think along these lines? Let me know what you think. I got on the list April 23rd and I'm hoping sooner comes sooner than soon! Stay safe and be well!

Well... I'm working on a new TonePack now for the FM3/Axe-Fx III that is sort of a hybrid of elements from both the 1400+ Naked Amps and 1000+ Dream Rigs. When I make sounds for amps I often think of the iconic players in my head as I dial them in. FYI, the Brit Rock Royalty Tonepack #1 replicates all the first four LZ albums tones. But it will only work on the Axe-Fx III because it needs all the processing powers to replicate the studio signal chains which can be intricate plus the ability to have 8 scenes using up to 8 amps so each song can be 1 preset. Not so easy to do on FM3 unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply. I'm anxious to see what comes out. Maybe I'm the only one not excited about the deep diving of programming tones? I guess I'm too old school. I can handle the effect blocks, but the amps/cab piece puts me over the edge! MHO

Thanks for the reply. I'm anxious to see what comes out. Maybe I'm the only one not excited about the deep diving of programming tones? I guess I'm too old school. I can handle the effect blocks, but the amps/cab piece puts me over the edge! MHO
That is exactly what the Naked Amps/Dream Rigs are designed to do - take the guesswork out of the amp/cab part and then you customize to your liking. Saves lots of time so you can play more and program less!

My God, while the FM3 can do HIGH GAIN HEAVEN for sure (just check out the Mark Day Recto - INSANE🤘), HOWEVER, I’ve yet to be able to dial in ANYTHING remotely similar to my classic rock REAL amps...think tubey JTM45/Dirty Shirley tones. I’m basking in high gain glory right now (FM3>CLR & FM3>Mesa2:90>into real cabs) with Mark Day’s preset, but I LIVE in a classic rock band and NOTHING touches my REAL hand-wired Dirty Shirley 40 head...Yet(?)(🙏)....

I get AC/DC, LedZep, etc. tone FOR DAYS out of that Dirty Shirley, but the FM3 is like a sad old Digitech trying to capture THAT huge warm quintessential classic rock tone (so far)....Just sayin’.... I’m new to Fractal, but so far, it can’t touch the real classic rock tones YET...even with a real tube power amp in the mix....PLEASE try to change my mind. I want my FM3 to be everything to me so I can sell everything else...

My God, while the FM3 can do HIGH GAIN HEAVEN for sure (just check out the Mark Day Recto - INSANE🤘), HOWEVER, I’ve yet to be able to dial in ANYTHING remotely similar to my classic rock REAL amps...think tubey JTM45/Dirty Shirley tones. I’m basking in high gain glory right now (FM3>CLR & FM3>Mesa2:90>into real cabs) with Mark Day’s preset, but I LIVE in a classic rock band and NOTHING touches my REAL hand-wired Dirty Shirley 40 head...Yet(?)(🙏)....

I get AC/DC, LedZep, etc. tone FOR DAYS out of that Dirty Shirley, but the FM3 is like a sad old Digitech trying to capture THAT huge warm quintessential classic rock tone (so far)....Just sayin’.... I’m new to Fractal, but so far, it can’t touch the real classic rock tones YET...even with a real tube power amp in the mix....PLEASE try to change my mind. I want my FM3 to be everything to me so I can sell everything else...
Well, where to start...
What are you playing through? FRFR? Power amp and cab? near fields? Headphones? Each of these will have their own strengths and weaknesses, but I'd say you should plug your FM3 into a decent power amp, then into your cab that you use with the Freidman, and dial it in. The FM3 will absolutely nail it, but you HAVE to make sure that you are comparing apples to apples in terms of how you are generating the sound.

Edit: you already said what you’re using, and I’m toning it down a little.

Last edited:
try the QSCs , they are powered correct ?

The problem with the Mesa is that it is 6l6 power , and the Marshall amps are el34 , if you are not using the power amp sims your not getting that color

one thing with the FM3 and The Axe 3 if using FRFR turn the input up to the +4 db , that made a big difference to me in the body of the sound , also in the dynamics sections play around with the output compression either feedback or gain enhancer
For feel go into the power amp turn up the SAG slightly , also play around with the different impedance curves they have a big influence on the Feel IMO , and how bouncy or tight the low end is

I`m in the same boat as ToneDriven. Although I`m going to use the FM3 with FRFR. Going FRFR because I want to hear the Amps and cabs as they should be represented. 2 differing amps / cabs should sound different.... as in, not exactly the same. A Marshall would/should not sound like a Boogie.... or a Fender. When I play a Plexi, it should sound like a Plexi etc etc etc. When i choose a Boogie Mrk III, I wanna hear that. ;p

"That is exactly what the Naked Amps/Dream Rigs are designed to do - take the guesswork out of the amp/cab part and then you customize to your liking. Saves lots of time so you can play more and program less! "

This would be VERY much appreciated. Can`t wait.

Back
Top Bottom