Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
A graphical comparison to the other pandemics...

Its exponential doubling rate is greater than anything we've seen before. Good time to perfect your sound and performance.

Last edited:
RIP-TouchWiz-Long-live-Samsung-Experience.jpg

Still alive...

But still with dyspnea...

I shouldn’t have run a 10 miles trail on sunday when I began to cough.
Test only available for people with fever here. And I only had a short fever on sunday evening.
So I can’t know if I’ve covid. But it’s the most probable...

You should theoretically, be able to mix together with the band on a DAW, all while staying at home and emailing updates to the work in progress, back and forth.

Something about those graphs seem inaccurate. For example:

d41586-020-00758-2_17810952.png

When was the data compiled? Same goes for the video too - date of data is important. Infection spread is super high because onset takes three weeks for some. It looks like all but seasonal flue spreads faster and more deadly than corona in that graph, but if the rate of spread is higher than shown, because onset of illness is delayed, this might account for the discrepancy.

Last edited:
Some people seem to be prone to accepting conspiracy theories. I think they are low information people who lack critical thinking skills. I don't know if I would still be a "friend" to a guy like that anymore. He obviously does not care about you or your loved ones. Sorry for my rant.
He's not a conspiracy guy in general, far as I know, but we never see each other in person since he moved out of Mass like 15 years ago. His intellectual abilities are intact enough to earn a living as a programmer.

Far as him caring about me or my family, no idea where that came from. As I said, he's hundreds of miles away, his decision don't affect me at all except in the global pandemic sense. Also, I know he cares about me, and if he believes something I don't, it's not about me.

How soon does a person know they have a fever and can they not be aware that they have a fever?

Was talking to my wife about this. I think you can have a slight fever without really feeling it as a symptom.
I'm using the White House press briefing as a guideline. If they let the #1 and #2 guys stand in a room with
a bunch of reporters for an hour, and the only screen they give the reporters is a quick temp check, and it's
the same people day after day, figure if you're not sure if you have one - take it!

People around here are not taking this seriously. They’re having pool parties, still going to department stores, beauty salons are still open, etc. Meanwhile, workers at department stores and beauty salons are literally begging our governor to shut down non-essential businesses so they don’t have to put themselves at risk for fear of losing their jobs.

People around here are not taking this seriously. They’re having pool parties, still going to department stores, beauty salons are still open, etc. Meanwhile, workers at department stores and beauty salons are literally begging our governor to shut down non-essential businesses so they don’t have to put themselves at risk for fear of losing their jobs.
Multiple unrealated people I've talked to in Florida seem to think because of thier hot weather... it's not really going to hit hard down there. They think its mostly in the Northern states. I told them Brazil is not doing well... and there was no response...

@bvaughn0402:

You say,

Something about those graphs seem inaccurate.
I know why you feel that way; the video seems to say "COVID-19 Very Very Bad" and the graph seems to say "COVID-19 Bad, But Not So Bad."

But I think both the video and the graph can be true at the same time, because they're describing different things. The video emphasizes cumulative deaths. But the graph is emphasizing infectiousness (on one axis) and deadliness (CFR) on the other.

They're related, of course. But they're not the same thing.

A relatively not-deadly virus (like our current foe, SARS-CoV-2) can still rack up way more cumulative deaths than a much more deadly virus (like Ebola), simply by being much more infectious. A smaller percentage of cases result in death, but it's a percentage of a vastly huger number of cases.

So you could have the less-infectious Ebola get into 3,000 people and kill 2,900 of them;
and at the same time, you could have the more-infectious SARS-CoV-2 infecting a billion people. It's a testament to SARS-CoV-2's lesser deadliness that maybe 90% of those who're infected don't even know they have COVID-19 (because they either have no symptoms, or symptoms they mistake for a seasonal flu), but of the remaining 10% (100 million people), if half need to be hospitalized, well...! We don't have 50 million hospital beds! And if only 1% of the infected billion die of it, that's still 10 million graves. Yikes.

For the vast majority of persons who aren't in their 80's with emphysema, the Wuhan Flu isn't particularly deadly. But man, has it been infectious!

So I think the video's push for social-distancing is on-point. SARS-CoV-2's power is in its infectiousness. Prevent it from wielding that power, and the outbreak becomes less-disastrous.

The people in charge who are still keeping beaches and bars open in their 'Spring Break' jurisdictions
will forever be shamed when the smoke clears. That situation alone, and the possibility for widespread
US infection and death is really scary. Vast majority of those kids have close relatives in high risk age groups
waiting back home.

on a lighter note, that Sabbath video is great! Is that song really turning 50 this year?!?!? :oops:

Last edited:

Some similar things here with people having parties etc.... It was a mistake to announce this as a virus that only puts older people at risk. Now, mostly younger people seem to think they are immune or it will be no different than the normal flu. Even if that was true they should have more respect for others. :(

Still alive...

But still with dyspnea...

I shouldn’t have run a 10 miles trail on sunday when I began to cough.
Test only available for people with fever here. And I only had a short fever on sunday evening.
So I can’t know if I’ve covid. But it’s the most probable...
Pulling for you man. I hope you’re able to get the test somehow and for a negative result... please keep updating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom