Tom Brady

Agreed, but you never know he could pull a Peyton Manning. I read an article that Tom wanted partial control of the roster. The Bucs were the only team willing to do that.

It's a money grab .... Meaning he's going to get approx. the same contract, but he won't have to pay any state taxes in FL ....

Is now a Buccaneer. Pats will go 8-8 if they're lucky this year. Bucs won't fare much better.
I hate to divert thread, escapism is good.. but have to ask Cliff being the Covid19 oracle on this forum. Will there even BE football this fall?

I still trip at looking years back at Bledsoe getting injured in the 2nd game of the 2001 season and Brady taking over for good.

It's a money grab .... Meaning he's going to get approx. the same contract, but he won't have to pay any state taxes in FL ....
He's getting more than half of what he earned during his entire career for this season. Good for him....he earned it.

It'll be weird seeing him in red/orange/whatever their new uniforms look like. Bucs do have a potentially decent roster... We'll see how much of TB's lackluster 2019 was due to the rest of the Pats.

And I'm glad he didn't go to the Raiders. I just couldn't have seen myself cheering for him, now I can hope he does well w/out investment.

As a New England native, this stung a bit. Can’t say the Super Bowl commercial with him saying, “Don’t worry, I’m not going anywhere” doesn’t feel misleading at this point as well. I’m just glad I still don’t live in NE. Working with the general public in Massachusetts was a nightmare whenever a Boston/NE team lost anything.

So really, why did he not just retire?
People like this don’t accept the idea of being too old or whatever for anything and never see the end until it is already behind them. This is especially true of people who have won as much as he has. It’s a drug.
When the drug is gone and just the pain remains, they usually see the light.

FWIW, I'm in my 40s and I've tried to "retire" a couple of times. I can do so comfortably from a financial standpoint. Without fail, 6 months after I "retire", I'm back to work. I just can't stand being useless I guess.

Back
Top Bottom