Fractal Audio FM3 vs AXE-FX III | Comparison

Thanks for this comparison Frank.
These 2 units really sound very similar, not so much when You compared the fm3 with ax8 but now the patches were exactly the same so I believe that also makes a difference.
Good to see the cpu usage on both units.

Reactions: FSM
thanks for the video.
Note: resets are the same, but cab block result is not the same, because of FM3 has reduced IR length.

Sounds very close, but AXE FX3 is more transparent and has more clarity, at least for my ears.

thanks for the video.
Note: resets are the same, but cab block result is not the same, because of FM3 has reduced IR length.

Sounds very close, but AXE FX3 is more transparent and has more clarity, at least for my ears.

they sound close but something is slightly different
and the only thing at the moment that is still different is the cab block

i notice something with my 3rd party Ir
stock legacy cabs are great though
so i am using those for time being

they sound close but something is slightly different
and the only thing at the moment that is still different is the cab block

i notice something with my 3rd party Ir
stock legacy cabs are great though
so i am using those for time being
We don't know for sure which version of the amp algorithms the fm3 currently has.
It still lacks the new flangers and phasers introduced a few firmwares ago on the axe fx, so there's a chance that even the amp block is not up to date.

We don't know for sure which version of the amp algorithms the fm3 currently has.
It still lacks the new flangers and phasers introduced a few firmwares ago on the axe fx, so there's a chance that even the amp block is not up to date.

I agree w you I was just giving my thoughts after having the unit for a few weeks
it could be any of the factors you have mentioned above
hopefully soon we get an update
w the Flanger Triple crown etc and the current amp algorithms

New FM3 Video for you guys ;) Hope you like it!
Hey Frank! I loved your tone for that first comparison of the crystal clean! The amp model is Car Roamer, right? What reverb are you using?

Last edited:
Hey Frank! I loved your tone for that first comparison of the crystal clean! The amp model is Car Roamer, right? What reverb are you using?
Hi dude, I used the Car Roamer amp and the Cirrocumulus verb with 12 sec.

Back
Top Bottom