Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

I updated FW to 12.04, but held off on 12.05 since I read about some issues with the FC's
and had some upcoming gigs.

After reviewing a bunch of comments, I decided to backup system at 12.04, then roll back to 12.03.
Did this, then backed up the system again at 12.03. Then I updated FW to 12.05.
I'll mention that I did not do a full backup, just the system for both 12.03 & 12.04

After updating to 12.05, my FC6 lit up with no text in windows. Also, no sound at all from Axe III.
I imported each layout back into the FC6, which restored all the functions I had before, but still no sound.

Then I checked the presets and found that all the assigned Expression pedal settings had rolled back to defaults.
Went in and reassigned back to Vol, Delay, Wah (the 3 that I use). Everything was back to normal again.
I don't use any Global blocks, I just set them per preset.

I thought going from 12.03 to 12.05 was supposed to bypass these issues, but maybe I misunderstood?
Should I have done a full backup instead of just system?

At any rate, no big deal. I only use a dozen of so presets, so I reset the pedals for each.

Last edited:
I updated FW to 12.04, but held off on 12.05 since I read about some issues with the FC's
and had some upcoming gigs.

After reviewing a bunch of comments, I decided to backup system at 12.04, then roll back to 12.03.
Did this, then backed up the system again at 12.03. Then I updated FW to 12.05.
I'll mention that I did not do a full backup, just the system for both 12.03 & 12.04

After updating to 12.05, my FC6 lit up with no text in windows. Also, no sound at all from Axe III.
I imported each layout back into the FC6, which restored all the functions I had before, but still no sound.

Then I checked the presets and found that all the assigned Expression pedal settings had rolled back to defaults.
Went in and reassigned back to Vol, Delay, Way (the 3 that I use). Everything was back to normal again.
I don't use any Global blocks, I just set them per preset.

I thought going from 12.03 to 12.05 was supposed to bypass these issues, but maybe i misunderstood?
Should I have done a full backup instead of just system?

At any rate, no big deal. I only use a dozen of so presets, so I reset the pedals for each.
The catch is you needed to skip 12.04 all together as that was what introduced the issues. Hope you had a backup of 12.03 prior to doing 12.04, as that is the way to fix it.

I'm still having expression pedals issues here, with FC-12 + two EV-2. After calibration, the whammy is not going to +12. If I set amp gain to 8.50 max and 3 min, when moving the pedal, it goes to 8.47, etc etc...

Easy there, chief. If it's intended that those models are quieter than others, that's fine. I wasn't complaining, I was curious.
I asked about this when I had the II. I was told it was for accuracy i.e. a Princeton won't be as loud as a Recto but then the Princeton models levels are all over the place. And in recordings are Princeton's so much quieter than Recto's? No, they're balanced in the mix.

Then I was told too many would complain they had to re-level all their presets if it was changed. But we still have to re-level with certain FW updates anyway.

I get it, it's annoying when auditioning different amp models. Some being very quiet so you turn up, then others blowing out your speakers. I gave up, it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom