Fishman Fluence pickups - (Stephen Carpenter signature vs Tosin Sig)

As you all know, I’m in the middle of Riverdale and New rochelle, so I am posting this so as NOT to continue FIXATING on the local news for updates, and staring our the window to see if the virus is outside!!!!! [i’m spooked], if this is all over the place, i apologize in advance.

SO, what do you all think of Fishman Fluence pickups>??

Personally, I think they are the most significant achievement for our guitar technology since the modeler. it’s like the perfect complement , and if you agree please chime in and share what you use.

I went, blindly, with the Stephen Carpenter set. I was told they were a more “metal” modern pickup, but please share your experience with them if you care to.I like the EMG 81/85, Lundgren M, Lace alumni Tone deathbucker/humbucker, and now the Fishman Fluence series

Fluence are quiet, articulate, very loud, and so many configurations...they are the best In terms of modern technology and what you get out of them.....I cant beleive the incredible amount of tonal options present, and It’s a perfect match for the axe fx 3/fm3

I always thought to myself [being a HUGE EBMM JP fan], why Fishman didnt make pickups to go with the best piezo on earth. Well, now they do, and I want to know

1) what role do pickups play in your set up
2) how important are hi end/boutique pickups in an FAS setup
3) what difference really are the pickups when you have an axe/fm3
4) what are your favorite/preferred pickups since using the axe/fm3?

Finally, please let me know your experience with Carpenter Signature and Tosin Signature fluence sets.
TAKE CARE
[WASH YA HANDS]

My Framus has the Devin Townsend Fishman set (duh, it's his sig guitar lol). Those are the only ones I have experience with and I really like them. The bridge pickup is very much like an EMG 81 to my ears. The split function for telecaster style tones is pretty good as well.

In regards to your questions, I think it's pretty apparent based just on user uploaded video/audio that you can pretty much make any pickup sound great with Fractal gear if you know what you're doing.

My Framus has the Devin Townsend Fishman set (duh, it's his sig guitar lol). Those are the only ones I have experience with and I really like them. The bridge pickup is very much like an EMG 81 to my ears. The split function for telecaster style tones is pretty good as well.

In regards to your questions, I think it's pretty apparent based just on user uploaded video/audio that you can pretty much make any pickup sound great with Fractal gear if you know what you're doing.
You said it, these paired with the axe 3 and you can get any tone you want
good call

the carpunter set are like a hotter, brighter 81/85 to me

Bump.

Any other Fluence converts / lovers? I'm thinking of getting an ESP with Fluence open core.

I have the Fluence Gristle Pickups in my Tele and love them. The do a great job either emulating the 50's or 60's tele single coils.

Back
Top Bottom