What type of block do you recommend using as a "Clean Boost"?

I like using the Boost on the Amp block. You can dial it in differently for each channel.

If you're in the mood for a clean pedal boost that has a little bit of color/character, the Micro Boost and Plus Distortion were my favorites.

Of course, I'm talking about boosting the front of the amp. If you want just a straight post-amp volume boost, a Volume or EQ block would work best for that. I use a volume block to have a 2.5dB boost I can toggle on for solos.

So many options...
Generally and always on is a compressor. Even if its not compressing I give a few db to the amp.
PEQ for some nice boost tied even to a expression pedal for solos

I have a dedicated volume pedal controller in every preset. I either switch channels or directly control the VolPan block's output to jump from -4.5dB to 0dB for a clean boost after the amp/cab....

Yes.

However using the out block channels or Scene levels in the out block can make trails and loops change levels when changing Scenes or out block channels.

Ah, yes that would need to be planned out. Good call!

However using the out block channels or Scene levels in the out block can make trails and loops change levels when changing Scenes or out block channels.

Yes, just to emphasize, this is a big one to understand as it's probably the simplest way to adjust levels if you have a rhythm scene and a lead scene - you just bump the lead scene output up a few db. But...doing so raises the output level of everything. So in that case, jumping to the lead scene would bump up all delay/reverb tails and can give a distracting transition. Coming out of it, the levels get dropped back down so your trails seem to really die off. So be aware of handling things like that with the scene output levels.

Back
Top Bottom