Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.05

The TC sounds great, I've not really kept abreast of new amps since owning the Axe but this complements the other selections nicely. Cheers

Updating from 12.03 or earlier to 12.05 shouldn’t change anything on the FC. 12.04 changed FC things and 12.05 rolled those things back, so the updated data doesn’t have anywhere to go since it’s not in 12.05.
My experience was the opposite. I updated from 12.03 to 12.04 this morning and everything was working on the FC. So much so that I uploaded a preset to AxeChange with the Per Preset programmed for the FC12. When I updated to 12.05 all functionality of the FC was lost. Looking forward to the Firmware/FC Update soon to restore the FC Functionality. I even rolled back to 12.03 and still no functionality of the FC12.

My experience was the opposite. I updated from 12.03 to 12.04 this morning and everything was working on the FC. So much so that I uploaded a preset to AxeChange with the Per Preset programmed for the FC12. When I updated to 12.05 all functionality of the FC was lost. Looking forward to the Firmware/FC Update soon to restore the FC Functionality. I even rolled back to 12.03 and still no functionality of the FC12.
No that’s the same thing I mentioned. 12.04 to 12.05 removes FC data. So your 12.05 FC will be blank coming from 12.04 since the new data doesn’t have anywhere to go. Rolling back further is the same thing - the new data of 12.04 isn’t there.

12.03 or earlier to 12.05 has the same FC data so nothing should change.

I just updated to 12.05 and it messed up the FC-12. All of the mini windows were all a blank white.

I had backed up everything from 12.04 before hand so I rolled back to 12.04. The FC-12 mini windows were all white still.
I re-installed my backed up system file and the FC-12 is back to where it was and working again.

Question: If I was on 12.05 and reinstalled my system file from 12.04 would that have fixed the all blank white windows of the FC-12 to work on 12.05? (or was it necessary for me to roll back to 12.04 then re-install the 12.04 system file?)

I just updated to 12.05 and it messed up the FC-12. All of the mini windows were all a blank white.

I had backed up everything from 12.04 before hand so I rolled back to 12.04. The FC-12 mini windows were all white still.
I re-installed my backed up system file and the FC-12 is back to where it was and working again.

Question: If I was on 12.05 and reinstalled my system file from 12.04 would that have fixed the all blank white windows of the FC-12 to work on 12.05? (or was it necessary for me to roll back to 12.04 then re-install the 12.04 system file?)
12.04 changed the FC configuration. If you place this new configuration on to firmware that doesn’t have these new things (12.05, or 12.03 and earlier) the new things don’t have anywhere to go and it will be blank.

It’s as if you saved an amp block with the new Triple Crown amp, then tried to put that amp on a FW that doesn’t have the amp. The data is meaningless because the amp isn’t there.

Yes. The windows will be all blank white.
No that’s the same thing I mentioned. 12.04 to 12.05 removes FC data. So your 12.05 FC will be blank coming from 12.04 since the new data doesn’t have anywhere to go. Rolling back further is the same thing - the new data of 12.04 isn’t there.

12.03 or earlier to 12.05 has the same FC data so nothing should change.
Updating from 12.03 or earlier to 12.05 shouldn’t change anything on the FC. 12.04 changed FC things and 12.05 rolled those things back, so the updated data doesn’t have anywhere to go since it’s not in 12.05.

it would also be nice to have the clean channel of the Mesa Triple Crown :)
How is it different compared to other clean amps we already have? Fractal doesn’t always try to capture every single part of every amp. Usually just things that are different enough. Is the clean channel unique?

Downloaded and installed AE from this morning, but closed it while it was reading the blocks (axe still had 12.04 at this time, so it was pointless to read the blocks).

Opened Fractal Bot and installed new Firmware.

Restarted Axe, global settings erased.

Restored from Backup saved last night at end of session.

Opened Axe Edit with Axe now updated to 12.05. Axe Edit did not attempt to read the blocks, so I forced it to read them.

All is well.

Chris said:
"Updating from 12.03 or earlier to 12.05 shouldn’t change anything on the FC. 12.04 changed FC things and 12.05 rolled those things back, so the updated data doesn’t have anywhere to go since it’s not in 12.05."

Two questions for Chris:

Q1: So then to be able to use 12.05 and have the FC-12 not be all blank white windows I need to roll everything back to 12.03 first, then reinstall my saved 12.03 presets and system files, then update to 12.05?

Q2: If I am on 12.04 will everything be ok with the FC-12 when 12.06 comes out, if I then update straight from 12.04 to 12.06?

Back
Top Bottom