Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.04

Firmware sounds killer. Haven't had a chance to dive into the triple crown yet but looking forward to it. I am also having problems with the FC though. I have an FC-12 on 1.10, and whenever I bank up, it is increasing by three banks at a time. Bank down is working as it always has. Nothing has changed in my settings besides upgrading to 12.04.
I'm also on fw12.04 and FC fw1.10 and I'm having a the same exact issue you are with the Bank+(default layout 1). I'm also having an issue on default Layout 2 (FC-12) when I increment preset+, it move 3 presets up and when I hit preset-, it moves 3 presets down.
I also have 4 stand in switches and the one for presets work fine up or down. Reset FC-12, no joy.

Last edited:
...FC: Add FC Views to allow access to all 12 switches from the FC-6.

This is a game-changer for me. Still need to figure out the best way to set it up for my use cases, but it opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Thanks Cliff and the entire FAS team!

...FC: Add FC Views to allow access to all 12 switches from the FC-6.

This is a game-changer for me. Still need to figure out the best way to set it up for my use cases, but it opens up a whole new world of possibilities. Thanks Cliff and the entire FAS team!
consider it a "mini-layout." you are simply accessing the other 6 switches available on that Layout, so you aren't 'wasting' any. it can be part of a multi-step Layout switch - 1st 6 are your main, 2nd 6 are things you sometimes need - without fully switching Layouts.

@FractalAudio

Confirmed bug:

Axe3 12.04, FC6 or FC12 1.10
any "increment" or "decrement" function (Bank, Preset, Scene, Channel) multiplies the value by 3. if Preset is set to +1, 3 Presets are advanced. if Preset is set to +2, 6 Presets are advanced, and so on, for both + and - functions.

--
Confirmed bug:

Axe3 12.04, FC6 or FC12 1.10
pressing the Record switch for the Looper with Looper block in the preset activates Record, Play, and Overdub at the same time. Recording does not happen. Pressing Play or Stop (if available on Once) is the only way to exit this state.

--
Weird looper/FC bug made me almost shit a brick. Using the FC-12, When hitting the switch to record (switch does not have a hold function) it also activates the play switch at the same time and creates a high pitched squeal, if you play anything it will be super amplified. Scared my self, the cats, and wife. Anyone else test this out? Nothing has changed in my presets, and it doesn't happen if I access the Looper from the front panel.
Firmware 12.04
FC-12 Firmware 1.09
confirmed

I'm also on fw12.04 and FC fw1.10 and I'm having a the same exact issue you are with the Bank+(default layout 1). I'm also having an issue on default Layout 2 (FC-12) when I increment preset+, it move 3 presets up and when I hit preset-, it moves 3 presets down.
I also have 4 stand in switches and the one for presets work fine up or down. Reset FC-12, no joy.

Dear, it seems to me that there is an error when I pass from one preset to another in fc 12, jump from a 3 even if preset + 1 and preset -1 are set

My FC-12 is on 1.09, and although not the same issue, the scene up and down as well as the preset up and down switches are jumping 3 scenes or presets when hitting the switch once on 12.04. Weird.
confirmed

Last edited:
All 6 screens on the FC6 now display the same scene name. Is anyone else seeing this? I don't have the latest FC firmware.
i'm not seeing this with 1.10, the latest FC firmware. do you mean on the default Scenes Layout 2, you're seeing all the same name when they should be different? it's Scene 1 - 6 on mine.

"Updated the default value of P.A. Cathode Bias Resistor for some models."

is this the "PA Cathode Resonance" from the owner's manual and blocks guide? or is it something else?

Added Triple Crest amp models based on a Mesa Triple Crown TC-100. Note that the actual amp’s “Tight” switch engages a built-in Tube Screamer circuit which can be replicated using a Drive block or the Amp block’s internal Boost feature.
YEEAAAH! Thank you!

"Updated the default value of P.A. Cathode Bias Resistor for some models."

is this the "PA Cathode Resonance" from the owner's manual and blocks guide? or is it something else?

I would guess this is the "Cathode Resistance" value on the power amp page in Axe Edit (on the hardware it would then be "P.A. Cathode Resistance" in the Advanced section of the amp block.

I would guess this is the "Cathode Resistance" value on the power amp page in Axe Edit (on the hardware it would then be "P.A. Cathode Resistance" in the Advanced section of the amp block.
The Owner's Manual says "PA Cathode Resonance"
The Axe and Edit say "P.A. Cathode Resistance"
This release note says "P.A. Cathode Bias Resistor"

I'm pretty sure they're all referencing the same parameter.

at any rate, i just did an explanation of most of the release notes for this Firmware. i used to do this type of thing back in the Axe2 days and would like to get back to it.

check it out here: https://axefxtutorials.com/axe-fx-iii/firmware-12-04-released-axe-fx-iii/

at any rate, i just did an explanation of most of the release notes for this Firmware. i used to do this type of thing back in the Axe2 days and would like to get back to it.

check it out here: https://axefxtutorials.com/axe-fx-iii/firmware-12-04-released-axe-fx-iii/
Excellent

Yes, the name in the manual seems to be an error. I already mailed Matt about it last week.

My first dive into the new Triple Crest model.

To me, this amp sounds and feels like a cross between a Rectifier and a Marshall, but with the liquidy gain of the Mark series amps.

I started with the "Instant Gratification" settings from the official Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC-100 Owner's Manual, made some adjustments, added a wah, reverb, and delay block, extra pepperoni, and went from there. Using both a Factory York Audio 4x12 Recto 906 and 121 cab.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7749

Scene 1 (Pepperoni): Wah -> Triple Crest 2 -> Cab -> Reverb
Scene 2 (Extra Cheese): Wah -> Drive -> Triple Crest 2 -> Cab -> Reverb
Scene 3 (Supreme): Wah -> Triple Crest 3 -> Cab -> Delay -> Reverb

Please let me know what you guys think. 👍

Thank you for sharing the preset!

I've made a variation using Factory2 #63: 2x12MAR-66 OH-GREEN U70 OH. Right now I am monitoring with headphones (Audeze LCD-2) and this particular 2x12 sounds with more balls than the 4x12. I am playing with a RG550LTD with a Suhr Aldrich on the bridge

I attach the preset. The variants with 2x12 are on Scenes 5-6-7

Attachments

• Stuffed Crest MG1.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom