Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.04

What a fun surprise to come home to! I gave the Triple Crest models a quick go and they're quite nice. I really liked them with the Shimmer drive in the amp block with some gain enhancement on the dynamics page. It's the easiest Mesa in the box to dial in; the EQ section actually works like you'd expect.

Definitely! Try backing off the bass and mids a little and adding some presence. It's almost like a Mark series and a Marshall had a baby.

All 6 screens on the FC6 now display the same scene name. Is anyone else seeing this? I don't have the latest FC firmware.
My FC-12 is on 1.09, and although not the same issue, the scene up and down as well as the preset up and down switches are jumping 3 scenes or presets when hitting the switch once on 12.04. Weird.

My FC-12 is on 1.09, and although not the same issue, the scene up and down as well as the preset up and down switches are jumping 3 scenes or presets when hitting the switch once on 12.04. Weird.
I also notice that the switching is not instant anymore. There is a gap (almost a studder) when changing scenes.

Does anyone have a favorite IR for the new TC-100 yet?
Here's the sample settings from the TC-100 manual if this helps anyone. Not sure as how it correlates to the Axe III as of yet. Good for some of those who were asking about authentic controls that will show up when AxeEdit is updated to reflect fw12.04.TC-100 Instant Gratification settings.jpgTC-100 Full Power Sample Factory settings.jpgTC-100 Multi-Soak Sample Factory settings.jpg

Is Axe-Edit running when you notice this?
I disconnected when I first noticed it and it is still happening. I have 2 amps in my patch. The gap seems to only happen when I am switching between them. I am including the patch.

Attachments

• Main Rig (JMP1).syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 8
Weird looper/FC bug made me almost shit a brick. Using the FC-12, When hitting the switch to record (switch does not have a hold function) it also activates the play switch at the same time and creates a high pitched squeal, if you play anything it will be super amplified. Scared my self, the cats, and wife. Anyone else test this out? Nothing has changed in my presets, and it doesn't happen if I access the Looper from the front panel.
Firmware 12.04
FC-12 Firmware 1.09

Weird looper/FC bug made me almost shit a brick. Using the FC-12, When hitting the switch to record (switch does not have a hold function) it also activates the play switch at the same time and creates a high pitched squeal, if you play anything it will be super amplified. Scared my self, the cats, and wife. Anyone else test this out? Nothing has changed in my presets, and it doesn't happen if I access the Looper from the front panel.
Firmware 12.04
FC-12 Firmware 1.09
try upgrading to FC fw1.10
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/firmware-presets/fc/1.0/fc_rel_1p10.zip

My first dive into the new Triple Crest model.

To me, this amp sounds and feels like a cross between a Rectifier and a Marshall, but with the liquidy gain of the Mark series amps.

I started with the "Instant Gratification" settings from the official Mesa Boogie Triple Crown TC-100 Owner's Manual, made some adjustments, added a wah, reverb, and delay block, extra pepperoni, and went from there. Using both a Factory York Audio 4x12 Recto 906 and 121 cab.

https://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7749

Scene 1 (Pepperoni): Wah -> Triple Crest 2 -> Cab -> Reverb
Scene 2 (Extra Cheese): Wah -> Drive -> Triple Crest 2 -> Cab -> Reverb
Scene 3 (Supreme): Wah -> Triple Crest 3 -> Cab -> Delay -> Reverb

Please let me know what you guys think. 👍

Last edited:
Thanks, just updated it to 1.10, but its still happening.
Did you look at your FC layout and verify all the assignments are as you want them? Switches , functions etc. Looper default layout 5? If no joy try backing up FC then resetting.

FC-12 Layout 5 Looper default settings.jpg

Last edited:
Did you look at your FC layout and verify all the assignments are as you want them? Switches , functions etc. Looper default layout 5? If no joy try backing up FC then resetting.

View attachment 64650
Nothing changed except for updating to 12.04. I reverted to 12.03 fc is on 1.10 and everything works fine there. I'll upgrade again tomorrow to troubleshoot. Thanks a lot man I appreciate it.

Does anyone have a favorite IR for the new TC-100 yet?
Here's the sample settings from the TC-100 manual if this helps anyone. Not sure as how it correlates to the Axe III as of yet. Good for some of those who were asking about authentic controls that will show up when AxeEdit is updated to reflect fw12.04.View attachment 64643View attachment 64642View attachment 64644
Looking at the diagram, looks like the mids are almost totally scooped. 😎

Firmware sounds killer. Haven't had a chance to dive into the triple crown yet but looking forward to it. I am also having problems with the FC though. I have an FC-12 on 1.10, and whenever I bank up, it is increasing by three banks at a time. Bank down is working as it always has. Nothing has changed in my settings besides upgrading to 12.04.

Back
Top Bottom