Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.04

What a fun surprise to come home to! I gave the Triple Crest models a quick go and they're quite nice. I really liked them with the Shimmer drive in the amp block with some gain enhancement on the dynamics page. It's the easiest Mesa in the box to dial in; the EQ section actually works like you'd expect.

Ok, so please bare with me, for this is the first time I ever performed a firmware update on an Axe-FX III...

I installed the firmware via Fractal-Bot, followed the instructions on the front panel (turn off power and wait five seconds until turning it back on), refreshed Axe-Edit III, etc., but the new Triple Crest model isn't showing in the amp list.

Am I missing something?

Seems prudent so that AE reflects the changes appropriately? Or am I just over cautious?
majority of the changes are sync'd to Axe-Edit regardless of its version. usually Axe-Edit needs an update to use new parameters or new amp authentic pages. you won't harm anything by using an older version of Edit. if the knob isn't there in Edit yet, you just can't change it.

all updates are always available on the Front Panel, as the firmware is created specifically for the hardware.

Ok, so please bare with me, for this is the first time I ever performed a firmware update on an Axe-FX III...

I installed the firmware via Fractal-Bot, followed the instructions on the front panel (turn off power and wait five seconds until turning it back on), refreshed Axe-Edit III, etc., but the new Triple Crest model isn't showing in the amp list.

Am I missing something?
where specifically are you looking for the new model?

majority of the changes are sync'd to Axe-Edit regardless of its version. usually Axe-Edit needs an update to use new parameters or new amp authentic pages. you won't harm anything by using an older version of Edit. if the knob isn't there in Edit yet, you just can't change it.

all updates are always available on the Front Panel, as the firmware is created specifically for the hardware.

where specifically are you looking for the new model?
yeah true true.. ok after I get back from my friends show tonight it's ON!

Whoa.

Triple Crown, heck yes!

Am I missing something?

The models should be in the amps list from the front panel. If you're using Axe Edit, you'll want to refresh your definitions. You'll find that in the options menu.

Last edited:
The models should be in the amps list from the front panel. If you're using Axe Edit, you'll want to refresh your definitions. You'll find that in the options menu.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it in either place, even after refreshing.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it in either place, even after refreshing.
on the axe front panel, press Home, then the E knob. this first Setup page should say what firmware you have installed. is it 12.04?

you're looking in the Amp block itself, and not looking through Presets?

on the axe front panel, press Home, then the E knob. this first Setup page should say what firmware you have installed. is it 12.04?

you're looking in the Amp block itself, and not looking through Presets?

Yep. 12.04.

Correct. Going to re-install the firmware.

All 6 screens on the FC6 now display the same scene name. Is anyone else seeing this? I don't have the latest FC firmware.

Back
Top Bottom