Help the Fight Against COVID-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re telling all my coworkers in Seattle to work from home. It’s made it to Raleigh now so I’m thinking of working from home too.
Yea, today was my last day in the office until the end of March. Sent the whole team home for 3+ weeks.

I'll dedicate my 16 core dual Xeon to this exclusively. First confirmed case in Nevada near me has me shiting bricks.

I'll dedicate my 16 core dual Xeon to this exclusively. First confirmed case in Nevada near me has me shiting bricks.
yeah it's gonna keep popping up in new places as long as people keep traveling. i don't believe that hawaii doesn't have any case yet as we are a popular destination for people from the asia regions. one of our smaller hospitals has already been designated a quarantine station and they are beginning to clear people out.

i just want the real information, all facts. don't sugar coat anything or make stuff up. if we have a case, tell us. tell us where it is so we can avoid it if possible. it's clear some people are trying to keep the numbers as low as possible to avoid panic.

but not being prepared is worse than an initial panic. correct information can let everyone prepare to beat it or minimize it as best as possible.

Yea, today was my last day in the office until the end of March. Sent the whole team home for 3+ weeks.
Aw that's nice. I had a slight fever and cough over the weekend, which got my coworkers understandably concerned. But HR hasn't changed policies so it's looking like I'm going to have to use my sick&vaca hours for two weeks... :/

My company sent out an email to all employees (I think) to take laptops home every night. Be prepared to work from home with no notice. About 50,000 employees.

Company sent me home with remote desktop software just in case, but they aren't telling people to work from home if they aren't sick, yet. But they're in downtown Boston, everybody pretty much has to take public transit, seems unavoidable we'll get it.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 10.14.10 PM.png
I thought I'd drop this here- our current team stats, with 15 work units completed- not bad considering we started about 8 hours ago! Let's keep doing our part to beat this bastard virus. I've got an old Mac Pro hanging around unused that I'll hook up this weekend as a dedicated machine as well. Stay well everyone.

View attachment 64646
I thought I'd drop this here- our current team stats, with 15 work units completed- not bad considering we started about 8 hours ago! Let's keep doing our part to beat this bastard virus. I've got an old Mac Pro hanging around unused that I'll hook up this weekend as a dedicated machine as well. Stay well everyone.
I got one “unit” or whatever done at work today. Took like 6 hours or so. I’ll fire up some extra computers at home and get more going. This is really cool. Assuming my personal data isn’t going anywhere ;) though if this is some way to get more FM3s produced quicker, I’m ok with that too haha.

I'm in on my main computer. I'll see if I can get one or two more added when I get a chance.

Just found out that there's two folks working for Microsoft that have coronavirus in the Seattle area. Also, Microsoft is paying all hourly workers their normal pay while they're off due to this - glad to hear that.

What setting do you guys use? The options for me are
  • Any Disease
  • Alsheimer's
  • Parkinson's
  • Cancer
  • Huntington's

Where is the COVID-19 option?

World turning crazy. Any flu epidemy is thousands of casualties every year. Just protect the elder and the weak would be sufficient imho; humanity cannot by any means stop such a tidal wave.
People wory about travelers but what about the thousands of 20' and 40' containers travelling round the world every day; with products distributed nations wide....

What setting do you guys use? The options for me are
  • Any Disease
  • Alsheimer's
  • Parkinson's
  • Cancer
  • Huntington's

Where is the COVID-19 option?
I don’t think it’s there yet. Regardless, any help toward their work should be a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom