OUT 2 Low volume

teddis

Fractal Fanatic
I have configured the FM3 same as my Ax8
Guitar is tickling the Red, OUT 1 is plenty loud. TRS Stereo to a mini board and HS-8
Using Factory patches

OUT 2 I am to a Friedman ASC12, same as before using 1/4in to XLR. This used to melt my face at half volume now, not at all. something is wrong, maybe a newbie thing :)

OUT 1 config
Mode stereo
Output level +4DB
phase normal

OUT 2 config :
copy L>R
Boost pad 0 db...tried different values no difference
phase normal
Output 2 copy OUTPUT 1

any ideas ?

Hi,
Thank you for the reply as I struggle a bit here :)

I hooked up my ASC12 and AX8, its normal. thought my ASC was blown....lol, but its fine.

OK, so this is not the same local control on OUT 2 as AX8 correct ? Will i need to do this for every Preset Cliff ?
Where do we add an output 2 block ? What value do we start at ?
Can this be made to work as AX8 please ?

Thank you

Hi,
Thank you for the reply as I struggle a bit here :)

I hooked up my ASC12 and AX8, its normal. thought my ASC was blown....lol, but its fine.

OK, so this is not the same local control on OUT 2 as AX8 correct ? Will i need to do this for every Preset Cliff ?
Where do we add an output 2 block ? What value do we start at ?
Can this be made to work as AX8 please ?

Thank you
can you just increase your ASC12 level? Copy Out 1 to Out 2 is the best way for this type of situation, if you want it on for all presets.

this does work as the AX8, but the output is slightly lower that's all.

how high do you have the Out 2 physical knob?

So in the Friedman factory preset i added an OUT 2, on the row below, right after the REV block.
I adjusted the level to +15 DB....is that right ? It is getting closer to what I had with AX8.
Do I still leave copy on in OUT 2 config ?
Thank you

So in the Friedman factory preset i added an OUT 2, on the row below, right after the REV block.
I adjusted the level to +15 DB....is that right ? It is getting closer to what I had with AX8.
Do I still leave copy on in OUT 2 config ?
Thank you
if the Out 2 block is in the preset, it overrides the Copy function.

if you need the level increased like this, you'll have to add the Out 2 block to every preset you'll use.

please see my previous question.

can you just increase your ASC12 level? Copy Out 1 to Out 2 is the best way for this type of situation, if you want it on for all presets.

this does work as the AX8, but the output is slightly lower that's all.

how high do you have the Out 2 physical knob?

Hi, at 50% the ASC12 used to melt my face....the Out 2 knob is MAX. I could not keep up with a band at this level. Maxing the ASC does not get it much louder......not as I used to be anyway.

Hi, at 50% the ASC12 used to melt my face....the Out 2 knob is MAX. I could not keep up with a band at this level. Maxing the ASC does not get it much louder......not as I used to be anyway.
hmm really. Out 2 is a bit quieter, but not that much with my gear. i'll test again.

We did not have to insert OUT 2 blocks in AX8, correct ? This is different.....
it is the same as the AX8 with the Copy Out 1 to Out 2 function. (it may have been called Echo on the AX8).

so nothing has changed there. except that the level coming out is a bit quieter.

in general, compared to the AX8, the Axe3 and the FM3 have individual Input and Output blocks now. so yes, the AX8 did not have an Out 2 block option. instead it used the FX Loop block for Out 2, but also for In 2 at the same time. with the new functions of the Axe3 and FM3, we can separate In2 and Out2 now with their individual blocks.

for your particular situation, you don't "have to" use Out 2 block - it's an option if you want to be able to increase the level as Cliff suggested. but Copy Out 1 to Out 2 still works the same way as the AX8, just a bit quieter as discussed.

hmm really. Out 2 is a bit quieter, but not that much with my gear. i'll test again.
Its a LOT quieter here......my question is....how many +DB needs to be added to the Out 1 Level......so i am back to what I am used to.
thanks

My Full range ASC 12 will need this block for every patch. It is super quiet without a pumped up OUT 2 block. Certainly slowed down preset sampling here right now.
I still would like to know please what DB level needs to be added to the OUT 2 block level to equal OUT 1....like the AX8 had. I need local control at the FM3 for my monitor.

If this is to be my new configuration, which is not super convenient , do I need to turn "copy" off ?
Thank you

My Full range ASC 12 will need this block for every patch. It is super quiet without a pumped up OUT 2 block. Certainly slowed down preset sampling here right now.
I still would like to know please what DB level needs to be added to the OUT 2 block level to equal OUT 1....like the AX8 had. I need local control at the FM3 for my monitor.

If this is to be my new configuration, which is not super convenient , do I need to turn "copy" off ?
Thank you
as i mentioned, Out 2 block overrides the Copy function. so you can leave it on if you want, and the level will just be quieter if you get to a preset without the boosted Out 2 block.

i'll have to test to see what the Out 2 level is compared to Out 1.

I’m concerned about this too. With my ax8 I used out 1 to foh and out 2 to my frfr for monitoring. I need independent volumes on the unit. Why would they make this change? It worked perfectly on the ax8. Why even include a out 2 volume knob if our 2 is designed to be used at unity gain with the output knob maxes?

This question has come up on the AxeFX3 forums as outputs 3 and 4 are both similar to what you’re describing. +20 dB on the Out Block was recommended.

Back
Top Bottom