Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

I like the 11.02 version more. It could be just because the playing is slightly different but 11.02 seems slightly less compressed / more dynamic. This of course is 1. my subjective opinion and 2. I'm sure that the amp changes in 12.03 are more realistic to the amp and a tweak or two would get it back to v11.02. or 3. It is all just in my mind!
I think this is an interesting observation - I do know what you mean, in a way I think 11.02 seemed easier to dial in, for some amps on 12.03 there’s a realism which in a way I don’t like and takes some tweaking to deal with.

However, today I had the time and facility to crank things up - ok for a few sounds I had to make some changes, add back a few high cuts in the cab blocks, change some IRs, maybe tweak the tone controls a tad.

But when they were dialled in - OMG, these sound so good! And definitely the touch and responsiveness is worth it.

I like the 11.02 version more. It could be just because the playing is slightly different but 11.02 seems slightly less compressed / more dynamic. This of course is 1. my subjective opinion and 2. I'm sure that the amp changes in 12.03 are more realistic to the amp and a tweak or two would get it back to v11.02. or 3. It is all just in my mind!
Thanks! This is my take too. 11.02 for the Matchless D30 seems to have slightly more headroom, but it also seems to be a little fizzier on top, while having a little more mids in the 600-800hz range. 12.03 for the Matchless D30 seems to have better top end, and a little more low mids in the 200 - 600hz range.

Somehow with 12.03 it sounds like I have a lower input signal going into the amp block. Turning up the output of the input block some db, I get the same fullness as with 12.02. Hm...

Somehow with 12.03 it sounds like I have a lower input signal going into the amp block. Turning up the output of the input block some db, I get the same fullness as with 12.02. Hm...
I sensed the same thing when I played live last Friday. If the preamp modeling changed that might explain it. I also tweaked the gate setting because my notes didn’t seem to sustain as much. This is all inconclusive because I’ve been tweaking a lot on-the-fly live. Not fun without an editor.

Last edited:
>I sensed the same thing when I played live last Friday. If the preamp modeling changed that might explain it. I also tweaked the gate setting because my notes didn’t seen to sustain as much. This is all inclusive because I’ve been tweaking a lot on-the-fly live. Not fun without an editor.<<

Could you please share your tweaking numbers on the gate setting to get more sustain?

Could you please share your tweaking numbers on the gate setting to get more sustain?
I fixed some iPhone induced typos. :)

I had to make the changes fast, so I just adjusted the threshold so the gate didn't engage. I had to deal with more noise, but it got me through the gig.

The right way to resolve this would be to find a better threshold level and/or release times. Or maybe I should have dialed up more amp input gain.

skipped a few betas...download seemed fast...woke right up....sounds fantastic...thanks!
Why not go straight to Fwv13.03? It's the current one, and has had MANY changes since v12. Or did you go to 13.03, but posted in the wrong thread, which is 12.03, by mistake? v13.03 is well worth it....

Back
Top Bottom