Let's see those FM3 rigs!

It looks like there's plenty of space for my foot to stay clear of the bar though, around 4.5 inches of space from the bar to the middle footswitch. That's a lot of room... :p
If you only had to stomp the middle footswitch, you'd be good to go. :)

I had an early prototype with the monkey tie-off bars, and I had to twist my foot just right to hit those corner switches. I removed the bars and never had to deal with that problem again.

I'd actually like the FC-6 with the handles. It's hefty and a bit awkward to pick up and put down. I guess I could try to find some generic ones to put on...
I have since flipped them so they're inside the unit because they'd get in the way on occasion stepping for those upper corner switches.

If you only had to stomp the middle footswitch, you'd be good to go. :)

I had an early prototype with the monkey tie-off bars, and I had to twist my foot just right to hit those corner switches. I removed the bars and never had to deal with that problem again.
Man, did none of the beta-testers like the monkey bars? :p Not to belabor the OT point too much, but I really think it'd be fine for me. For example, the Morningstar MC6's middle switch has around 4.5 inches of empty space left-to-right and I had no problem using it.

Man, did none of the beta-testers like the monkey bars? :p Not to belabor the OT point too much, but I really think it'd be fine for me. For example, the Morningstar MC6's middle switch has around 4.5 inches of empty space left-to-right and I had no problem using it.
the middle switch isn't the issue. as i mentioned earlier, it's the top left and top right switches that were tough to hit:
the issue was stepping on the top right and left switches were a bit compromised due to the bar. you had to angle your foot a bit, or you'd also step on the bar and not press the button down far enough.

i prefer the change. it was nice to have something to grab. but i grab it twice during the gig (setup and teardown) vs hitting the switches numerous times.

on the FM3, it's not an issue because you aren't stepping on it that high.

I took mine off. They got in the way of hitting the switches like @chris said.

Build a little wall about an inch from the left and right switches, and see what you think. :)

Not the greatest photo, but here's my FM3 and FC6 with a single expression pedal. Perfect for me.
  • I use one preset 90% of the time live
  • I use 4 Scenes to change Amp/Cab block channels (Clean, Crunch, Classic High Gain, Modern High Gain)
  • Switches on the FM3 switch the 4 scenes, recall my main preset and engage the tuner

• I like to turn effects on and off like a pedalboard
  • Switches on the FC6 turn effects on/off or change parameters in various blocks
  • Some effects blocks do change channels with scenes (i.e. the Drive type I use with my clean tone is different from the one I use on my other tones).
  • I use control switches for effects I want to stay on/off when I change amp/cab channels (i.e delays, reverb, etc.)
I can go from dead clean with giant ambient washes to tight dry modern high gain and all points in between in this one preset. Just awesome.

FM3.jpg

Not the greatest photo, but here's my FM3 and FC6 with a single expression pedal. Perfect for me.
  • I use 4 Scenes to change Amp/Cab block channels (Clean, Crunch, Classic High Gain, Modern High Gain)
  • Switches on the FM3 switch the 4 scenes, recall my main preset and engage the tuner

• Switches on the FC6 turn effects on/off or change parameters in various blocks
  • Some effects blocks do change channels with scenes (i.e. the Drive type I use with my clean tone is different from the one I use on my other tones).
  • I use control switches for effects I want to stay on/off when I change amp/cab channels (i.e delays, reverb, etc.)
I can go from dead clean with giant ambient washes to tight dry modern high gain and all points in between in this one preset. Just awesome.

View attachment 64271
man you need a longer FC cable. ;)

the middle switch isn't the issue. as i mentioned earlier, it's the top left and top right switches that were tough to hit:
You misunderstand, I’ve not said the middle switch is the issue.
Build a little wall about an inch from the left and right switches, and see what you think. :)
As I’ve said, I’ve dealt with less foot space and it was OK. People prefer different things ¯\(ツ)

View attachment 64271

Care to share the 90% preset? Newbie here, and your summary is very close to what I am looking to accomplish. Have a starting point to learn from would be cool. if not, that is fine too!

Care to share the 90% preset? Newbie here, and your summary is very close to what I am looking to accomplish. Have a starting point to learn from would be cool. if not, that is fine too!

Sure... let me clean it up a little bit first. I use per-preset footswitches which have been evolving for a while now, so they look a little like a cluttered garage at the moment. Will try to post later today.

As I’ve said, I’ve dealt with less foot space and it was OK. People prefer different things ¯\(ツ)

Exactly! I unfortunately have very wide feet and 90% of foot controllers on the market are spaced way to narrowly for my feet. I’m constantly stepping on the wrong switches. The spacing on the FM3/FC-6/FC-12 is more than generous for people with big/wide feet.

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

And the fact that you listen to what players need and implement them is one of the reasons I use your products. That really sets FAS apart from most other companies.

Back
Top Bottom