Would you like to run Axe-Edit as a plug on you DAW?

Would you like to run Axe Edit as a plug in your DAW?

• yes

Votes: 93 81.6%
  • no

Votes: 21 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the idea of a plugin editor. I run a Presonus 16R rack as an audio interface, and love how the "Fat Channel" plugin works inside of my DAW (Studio One 4). A plugin like this, could make it easier to print or not print the effects to the guitar track and re-amp while recording.

Thread title corrected, though I think many people will fail to see the distinction. A plugin editor would be great and is something I've had on the side of the stove (not even back burner) for years.

One thing that might help with the confusion would be to move this from the plugin forum to the AxeEdit forum.

If I understand this correctly, having Axe-Edit as a plugin on my DAW would allow me to save the preset(s)/settings used for tracks in the session and easily pull them up, correct?

If so, that would be magical!

That’s correct. The idea is that the preset used on each track in your DAW would be stored in a plugin instance, making it easy to recall the preset used on that track.

With increased competition among modelers, features like this may play a growing role in setting the leaders apart from the rest of the field.

Anticipating a “what about”, firmware updates since the track was recorded shouldn’t be a concern. This feature is intended to allow you to come back tomorrow or next week, while you’re still actively working on the project, and record a punch-in or new take with the same preset. Over a short time span like that, you won’t have to worry about a firmware update changing your tone. It is not intended to save your work for posterity so you can resume work on your project some time in the distant future.

Would you still be interested in this if we had to charge a little something for it?

Sure. I can imagine any number of changes that could be made in the name of feasibility. If it’s a full version of AxeEdit though, I could easily see this becoming yet another source of acclaim for FAS.

Would you still be interested in this if we had to charge a little something for it?

M@ - absolutely. I've stated all along I'd be willing to pay for it since this wasn't necessarily something in high demand or of interest for most users. It would be a great enhancement for my DAW workflow.

Depending on the feature set (example an easy way to re-amp), I would shell out for this! Thanks for the consideration.

For the purposes of automation, absolutely. Also for pinning it open so it doesn’t disappear when I move a fader with the mouse.

Would pay as well. Streamlining workflow and making re-amping just a little bit easier (not that it's hard now) would definitely be something I'd be into.

Yes I would highly appreciate this!!! I don’t know if this is technically possible, but it would be great if the insert plugin would connect to the axefx usb audio tru fractal asio while the daw is running on the main asio driver. Or if the audio could be transferred between the daw and the axefx in some other way?

Wow, a ton of people have got the wrong end of the stick with this. It's not talking about getting rid of hardware and having only software instead, rather it's taking about having Axe edit as a plugin in your DAW to improve studio workflow. All sounds and processing is still taking place on the AXE FX, just like UAD plugins, Antelope Audio FPGA Fx and probably many more do. As a studio engineer, there are two major issues I have with the Axe FX: 1. No Axe Edit plugin and 2. Things not syncing with the down beat (i.e time-based FX and LFO's) without a convoluted MIDI setup in the DAW. Having both of these things would make the Axe FX absolute king of the studio world as far as guitars are concerned, but would also make it an amazing outboard FX processor for things like Keys, synths and just about anything, because the FX are awesome too.

It doesn't matter where it is really. The intention and level of desire are understood pretty clearly.

Absolutely!! Not only that, but it'd convince me once and for all to upgrade from Axe FX II to III, it'd save me that much time in the studio it'd be worth the $$

The last days i was trying to connect both the axefx and the X32-Mixer to my daw as aggregated devices in asio4all, but i couldn’t bring it to work. (Not fractals fault, their drivers work great!). Maybe could a axeedit VST setup a separate asio connection to the axefx as an insert on a track, while the DAW could run to the primary interface (in my case the X32).

I’d definitely pay for it.

As it is, I‘ve got 2 monitors, with Logic’s main screen on one an AxeEdit on the other. I often utilize a full-screen piano roll/mixer and have to bounce back and forth between those and AxeEdit, so if I could keep either of those open and just open AxeEdit via Logic, it’d just be a slight time saver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom