Audio Slave Whammy Pedal Set Up

ianx

Experienced
I’m learning Audio Slave - Like A Stone & have never set up a whammy. Any tips and tricks that you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated.

It's not really that complicated with respect to settings. Use the advanced whammy for +1 octave of shift, polyphonic setting. I use the input block as the source for the pitch, but try both input and block input to see what sounds/feels better to you. Adjust tracking to suit your tastes.

Morello keeps his whammy in the effects loop of his Marshall so try putting the pitch block between the AMP and CAB blocks in your grid for a more authentic Morello sound.

5008ca8ac98dcf7177ed35c6369702e2.jpg

Try adding a Filter block right after the Pitch/Whammy block. Use the 'Lowpass' type. Attach the same controller that you are using for the Whammy control to the 'Frequency' parameter in the Filter block. Use it to cut the increasing high-end as the pitch is raised. Set it up with a Min frequency of 20,000 Hz, and a Max of 1000 Hz. All other settings default. Setup both blocks to Engage at the same time (Auto-Engage, scene, or AI switch?).
Whammy EQ.png

Try adding a Filter block right after the Pitch/Whammy block. Use the 'Lowpass' type. Attach the same controller that you are using for the Whammy control to the 'Frequency' parameter in the Filter block. Use it to cut the increasing high-end as the pitch is raised. Set it up with a Min frequency of 20,000 Hz, and a Max of 1000 Hz. All other settings default. Setup both blocks to Engage at the same time (Auto-Engage, scene, or AI switch?).
View attachment 64087
Dude! LOL! I didn't even think to check your page. I'll just download yours. Thanx :)

View attachment 64087
This is really brilliant. Thanks.

Whammy on that solo is +2 octaves. Since it's all single notes, mono tracking may sound slightly better with less latency.
Shows you what I do when Like A Stone pops up in rotation on a playlist these days, eh? ;)

Neat trick. I just turn down Hi Cut a lot, to 2000 Hz or so IIRC.

Back
Top Bottom