How will you use the FM3? Share your upcoming rig ideas!

My rig will be pretty simple.

Guitar -> TC Electronic PolyTune -> EV-2 -> FM3 -> Matrix FR10 or IEM’s / FOH

I may add a few switches for additional functions, but I’m pretty confident that the three switches will do everything I need.

I’ll probably end up picking up a Temple DUO 17 board. I measured everything out and the PolyTune, EV-2, and FM3 will fit perfectly with the option of adding a dual switch box.

board.jpg

Last edited:
It will be my first Fractal audio gear. Always wanted to own an Axe FX. I actually just picked up a helix a few weeks ago to try it out, and it sounds pretty good. I think I was just "settling." It's heading back to the store. Hope it's not long before I can submit my order for the FM3.

I am planning on using the FM3 as my main rig. I currently use the AX8 direct to FOH with IEMs. I have gigged the AX8 without a backup, so the AX8 will be a backup. I also use a Line 6 G70 wireless which will also act as an A/B/Y switch. I plan to have them both hooked up at the same time so I can switch back and forth between the two or perhaps even run both in parallel.

Really wanted the FX. Plan to use 4CM with my current tube amp. Also planning to get the FC6, and already bought a Mission EP1.

Complete live reg replacement:

FM3 (with 2 external buttons plus expression pedal) ->Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170(watts) SS power amp->Matrix 1x12 Guitar cab with Celestian Vintage Neo. That's ALL.

FM3 weighs 7 pounds, Mini Expression pedal & mini buttons 1 pound, Powerstage 2 pounds, Guitar Cab 16 pounds. Total weight 26 pounds excluding guitar (7 pounds) and carrying bag (3 pounds). Full total of EVERYTHING 35 pounds. Guitar on my back, cabinet in my right hand, FM3 / Powerstage / in my right, so an even distribution of that weight even. Awesome.. :)

Last edited:
After taking a long 7 to 8 year break or playing live or actually putting time in improving, I joined a cover band. I am currently using a boss katana mk2 1x12.
I have an axe fx 2 that I've never used live. I might get some heat but I didn't want to use it because I didn't want to break it lol

The fm3 will replace my katana (will be back up) and I will go FOH which to be honest I have no clue what to do since I've never used fractal products live.

My current rig consists of an AX3, Matrix GT800FX power amp, connection panel, and power conditioner in a six space rack. I also have an FC6, Digitech Drop, and Line6 G10S receiver in a floor board.

My plan is to replace the FC6 with the FM3 and just use the floor board for live shows. The rack will stay at home for practice and recording.

I'm gonna be using my FM3 with my FC12 board I use for my Axe III rig. Probably just for rehearsals and small gigs. I have another Temple Audio board with a Seymour Duncan Power Stage 170 on and the FM3 with go on that and I'll just connect everything up to the FC12 via Faslink II.

Using a Headrush FRFR108 at the moment. I've finally saved up for A Matrix FR12P which I'll be ordering next week so I can use the cab with either the Axe III and my Matrix GT1000FX or the FM3 and the Power Stage. Looking forward to not having to take a lot of gear to rehearsal after a long day at work lol.

IMG_0300.jpeg

With boss ES-8 you don't even need FC6/12, that thing is ridiculous

While I do agree the ES-8 is crazy function wise, I don't know if I'd want to keep it for my board. It's really wide wide which makes it hard to fit it on a board with the FM3 + expression pedals. Originally I was thinking it would make more sense to sell my ES-8 as it would roughly cover a FC6, but maybe I should reconsider.

After taking a long 7 to 8 year break or playing live or actually putting time in improving, I joined a cover band. I am currently using a boss katana mk2 1x12.
I have an axe fx 2 that I've never used live. I might get some heat but I didn't want to use it because I didn't want to break it lol

The fm3 will replace my katana (will be back up) and I will go FOH which to be honest I have no clue what to do since I've never used fractal products live.
I used my Axe FX2 for years in my cover band. No problems at all as long as you keep it in a rack.

There's a "performance" example / tutorial in the FM3 User's Manual, along with other info about using the FM3 live with the 3 switches. It's one good place to start.

My rig will be pretty simple.

Guitar -> TC Electronic PolyTune -> EV-2 -> FM3 -> Matrix FR10 or IEM’s / FOH

I may add a few switches for additional functions, but I’m pretty confident that the three switches will do everything I need.

I’ll probably end up picking up a Temple DUO 17 board. I measured everything out and the PolyTune, EV-2, and FM3 will fit perfectly with the option of adding a dual switch box.

View attachment 63644
Nice - but you might want to use 3M Command strips instead of the adhesive Temple provides -- I think it may leave a nasty residue.

I've been gigging the Ax8 exclusively for over 2 years now. Being an older dude, I probably would have bailed on regular gigging if not for it. So.....
I will gig the FM3 likely the first weekend after it arrives. As far as the Ax8 goes, I'm sure I'll keep it at least for a backup. Loading in with a back pack/monitor and guitar case has spoiled me. Just got a CLR neo delivered today so this announcement is perfect! Chris III, get ready for my stream of dumb questions! Funs about to start dudes
Thanks FAS

Gig setup: Guitar --> FM3 --> QSC CP8.

Home studio: Instrument/Mic --> FM3 --> Computer & Monitors

Basically, I'm such a minimalist that this thing will be replacing everything I can with it. I'm really hoping it can double as an always-on USB interface with no issues.

I've been gigging the Ax8 exclusively for over 2 years now. Being an older dude, I probably would have bailed on regular gigging if not for it. So.....
I will gig the FM3 likely the first weekend after it arrives. As far as the Ax8 goes, I'm sure I'll keep it at least for a backup. Loading in with a back pack/monitor and guitar case has spoiled me. Just got a CLR neo delivered today so this announcement is perfect! Chris III, get ready for my stream of dumb questions! Funs about to start dudes
Thanks FAS
I think you'll like the CLR NEO -- nice and light :)

Back
Top Bottom