FM3 General Discussion Thread

Use some polyphonic octave pitchshifting (maybe add a 5th too) and then apply Rotary block. From there it's up to you to play organ licks and resist the temptation to bend notes.

Thank you! I will give that a try once released. Trying to do away with the Electro Harmonix organ pedal for two songs.

Dang, hate to go with a Helix due to the size but I might have to.

Wish there was an aux input, or maybe someone has a more creative way to play along with backing tracks and have everything together in my headphones.
You can use balanced inputs to read an mp3 track.
Also I'm pretty sure you don't need stereo backing tracks, so using just 1 balanced input is enough.

I tell you what they better connect that there USB-A port to some power and the midi brain so I can plug in my USB controllers and knob away on bus power

Dang, hate to go with a Helix due to the size but I might have to.

Wish there was an aux input, or maybe someone has a more creative way to play along with backing tracks and have everything together in my headphones.

Why not just get a small external mixer where you can mix the signal from the MP3 source player with the output from the FM3, and listen to the mix through headphones? They cost like under $50 and really small.

why not? People are still using the ultra which is over 10 years old and they still sound as good as they did back then. Just because something new comes out doesn’t mean the old stuff turns to crap.
This. Good tone today is good tone tomorrow.

I just don’t want to get stuck on a gig with something that could freeze

Good thing that you didn't buy the FM3 last July then ;);)

Beta team members have been gigging with the unit for months. None of the fixes or improvements in recent memory have had anything to do with freezes. It's a killer little unit that performs at the high standards of Fractal Audio Systems. It is vastly superior to the AX8 in my opinion.

As for an update: one of the late-breaking bugs turned out to be quite a challenge to fix, but that's behind us now. I think all that's left is a final cleanup.

I'm removing some posts here, not because I want to censor anyone's point of view, but because I want you to be nicer to each other.

Last edited:
I’m kind of late to the party here, but last time I read anything official in regards to the FM3, it was the first week in January and it was to be released “any day now” and that there were only a “few bugs” to be squashed. Here we are mid-February and still radio silence. What’s the status? Is there something much larger than a few bugs? With so many delays over the past months, I’m beginning to question the overall integrity of this product.

Don’t get me wrong, my AX8 was rock solid and I never experienced any bugs. I’m starting to wonder if I should have just kept my AX8 considering how solid of a product it was and how amazing it sounded. What appeals to me about the FM3 is how compact it is, while delivering the latest FAS quality of tones. I just don’t want to get stuck on a gig with something that could freeze or fail at any moment.

Sorry if I’m coming off as rambling, or impatient. It’s just that almost a year ago, a working prototype was shown in Boston. Here we are a year later and it’s still being delayed after many announcements of it being close to release.

You should have kept your AX8 so when you invite your forum brothers over for a jam they have some reputable gear to play through. :)

Funny thing is im on the verge of ordering a custom guitar with a turnaround of 4-5 months but i honestly have no clue which would arrive first, the guitar or the FM3 :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I'm removing some posts here, not because I want to censor anyone's point of view, but because I want you to be nicer to each other.

The mods at TGP recently closed (and then re-opened after a clean-up) their FM3 thread. I mention it because people need to realize it's not FAS trying to censor anything FM3 related, it's about the entitlement of certain people and how it brings out their worst against other people.

^^^ I could watch those commercials for hours hahaha

COMMERCIAL CANDIDATE QUESTIONNAIRE:
Are you a person that:
  • Find yourself constantly asking why?
  • Aloof throughout the majority of your life?
  • Uncoordinated in every aspect of your life?
  • Cannot complete simple tasks or use tools as designed?
ALGORITHM:
If you've answered YES to all of the above, you have qualified to act in every single As-Seen-On-TV product ever made.

;)

You had me at “It's a killer little unit that performs at the high standards of Fractal Audio Systems. It is vastly superior to the AX8 in my opinion.”

Good thing that you didn't buy the FM3 last July then ;);)

Beta team members have been gigging with the unit for months. None of the fixes or improvements in recent memory have had anything to do with freezes. It's a killer little unit that performs at the high standards of Fractal Audio Systems. It is vastly superior to the AX8 in my opinion.

As for an update: one of the late-breaking bugs turned out to be quite a challenge to fix, but that's behind us now. I think all that's left is a final cleanup.

OMG! i will iron my Suit then :p 👏 👏 👏

Back
Top Bottom