Using humbuster and XRL at same time. Does that work?

zach910

I have a Blueamps Mimic 212 frfr cab and I'm looking to add a monitor for some stereo separation (and I'm curious what a monitor will sound like). Can I use a humbuster out of Output 1 Left and an XLR cable out of Output 1 Right at the same time? I've read that there's less noise if a monitor uses an XLR connection.

You can use either or both.

I believe the XLR will have a bit higher output level than the 1/4" output, but you are going to 2 different devices so it won't really matter.

If you could use either an XLR or a Humbuster cable in a given situation, is there any reason to choose one over the other? Are they equivalent in terms of noise rejection or does one do a better job than the other?

probly a case by case basis, but IMO the humbuster was created for situations where the XLR option Is not available....XLR may well be preferable when using studio monitors but I dunno really...
If you could use either an XLR or a Humbuster cable in a given situation, is there any reason to choose one over the other? Are they equivalent in terms of noise rejection or does one do a better job than the other?

Back
Top Bottom