Axe-Fx III Firmware Release Version 12.03

UPDATE: Resetting the system settings fixed the following...

I installed 12.03 and something's wrong. I loaded up an AC-30 model, for example, and I'm getting a lot of fizz I can't dial out, even with a low pass filter set to 600 Hz. It's happening with a lot of amps, actually.

AC-30 Fizz Sample with a 600 Hz high cut filter.

Here's what the frequency spectrum looks like with a 600 Hz low pass filter placed after the Amp and Cab block. Note the high end, which should be nonexistent.

EQ.jpg

Preset attached.

Attachments

• Preset.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Amp model Jazz 120, with Input Drive 3.00, must be set to Level 20 dB in order to match the output level of other amps. Sounds great though (with the new compressor) but that high output level seems a bit odd.

UPDATE: Resetting the system settings fixed the following...

I installed 12.03 and something's wrong. I loaded up an AC-30 model, for example, and I'm getting a lot of fizz I can't dial out, even with a high pass filter set to 600 Hz. It's happening with a lot of amps, actually.

AC-30 Fizz Sample with a 600 Hz high pass filter.

Here's what the frequency spectrum looks like with a 600 Hz high pass filter placed after the Amp and Cab block. Note the high end, which should be nonexistent.

View attachment 63401

Preset attached.
high pass filters pass hi frequencies?

@FractalAudio is the release time of the dynamicomp scaled x10 like the other pedal compressors? do we set at 1000ms, or 100ms to match the pedal? ta.

Last edited:
not everyone are axe fx 3 experts like yourself.

Thanks for the reply.
You don't need to be an expert. You just need to read the information provided and apply common sense.

You asked if the Amp block was affected.The release notes say clearly that amp modeling was improved. The answer to your question is easily deduced.

Not trying to sound snarky... Learn how to fish instead of asking for fish and you'll never go hungry.

UPDATE: Resetting the system settings fixed

In 12.02 on a York Audio preset that he bundled with his Fender cabs I thought everything sounded fizzier. I was afraid to post as anything can be imagined without a recording. I haven’t looked at the particular preset to see if it has a saturation switch turned on.

What do you mean resetting system settings? Did you batch reset amp blocks?

Back
Top Bottom