AFIII Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb (My Tribute to David Gilmour)

RockyKramer

Pink Floyd’s Comfortably Numb is one of my favorite songs of all time. It’s mysterious, beautiful and powerful, and it features one of the most iconic guitar solos ever by David Gilmour. Like many other guitar players, David was one of my biggest influences growing up, and I spent an incredible amount of hours as a teenager, trying to figure out how to get his sound. I wanted to cover Comfortably Numb as a tribute to David. It was essential to pay homage to the original, but I also wanted to make it sound like something new and different, by giving it a millennial twist! I’m just a novice compared to David, so be gentle. I hope you like it!

Mastered at Abby Road Studios by Andy Walter, who mastered Roger Waters’ The Wall (Live in Berlin) DVD and many other artists including U2 and Rush.

The gear:
Fender Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups (Tone Zone, Air Norton, Air Norton) through a Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III:
Clean: Fender silverface Twin Reverb + 2x12 Double Verb2 57 E ML.
Lead: Engl Savage 120 (1) + Kalthallen BENGEL Rib160-2B.
All guitar effects (reverb, delay and chorus) are from the Axe-Fx III. Slight compression and tape sim added during mixing.
FW: 11.01

Pink Floyd’s Comfortably Numb is one of my favorite songs of all time. It’s mysterious, beautiful and powerful, and it features one of the most iconic guitar solos ever by David Gilmour. Like many other guitar players, David was one of my biggest influences growing up, and I spent an incredible amount of hours as a teenager, trying to figure out how to get his sound. I wanted to cover Comfortably Numb as a tribute to David. It was essential to pay homage to the original, but I also wanted to make it sound like something new and different, by giving it a millennial twist! I’m just a novice compared to David, so be gentle. I hope you like it!

Mastered at Abby Road Studios by Andy Walter, who mastered Roger Waters’ The Wall (Live in Berlin) DVD and many other artists including U2 and Rush.

The gear:
Fender Stratocaster with DiMarzio pickups (Tone Zone, Air Norton, Air Norton) through a Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III:
All guitar effects (reverb, delay and chorus) are from the Axe-Fx III. Slight compression and tape sim added during mixing.

Very, very, very NICE take on the original! I especially like the outro solo! Super nice tone! Your vocals are very good. I really do like your spin on the original. So many times I see someone attempt a new take on a classic and they just go way to far. You did not. You gave it just enough to put your stamp on it, while still honoring the original. Well Done! I also liked the concept of the video. Especially the split screen during the verses of your face with differing expressions. Great job!

The gear:

Very cool sounds great. Keep on Rocking :D

Very, very, very NICE take on the original! I especially like the outro solo! Super nice tone! Your vocals are very good. I really do like your spin on the original. So many times I see someone attempt a new take on a classic and they just go way to far. You did not. You gave it just enough to put your stamp on it, while still honoring the original. Well Done! I also liked the concept of the video. Especially the split screen during the verses of your face with differing expressions. Great job!
Thank you very much!

Back
Top Bottom