Poll - What cabs do you want?

I'd love to see a Mesa Traditional cab pack, and maybe a Friedman or Orange 4x12 as well! Loved the Bogna, and was hoping your next release would be in a similar 4x12 space but less scooped (I was a little surprised that the all-V30 Bogna didn't have the same kind of prominent midrange that I'm used to hearing from most other all-V30 cabs).

I'd love to see a Mesa Traditional cab pack, and maybe a Friedman or Orange 4x12 as well! Loved the Bogna, and was hoping your next release would be in a similar 4x12 space but less scooped (I was a little surprised that the all-V30 Bogna didn't have the same kind of prominent midrange that I'm used to hearing from most other all-V30 cabs).
With my Cab Packs, you get what the mic hears. If you’ve been using packs from other 3rd party IR producers, you’re probably used to hearing inflated low end, bumped up mids, and rolled off top end, which is typically done in their post processing and isn’t a natural representation of the cab, but it’s what THEY like to hear. Plus, every cabinet is different, every speaker is unique (even all four of the same speakers in a cab sound different), so it makes sense that my physical Bogner cab may have a different midrange than another Bogner cab.

Like I tell all of my beta testers, listen with fresh ears and tweak the amp the way you like it. If you’ve programmed a patch with someone else’s highly processed captures with boosted midrange and your ears are used to that sound, my captures will sound scooped...mainly because I don’t add any mids. We have lots of ways to EQ our tones in the Axe, so your IR’s should be natural and realistic and then you can easily boost or cut anything you want.

My Oversized Mesa 4x12 has more of the midrange you’re probably looking for.

With my Cab Packs, you get what the mic hears. If you’ve been using packs from other 3rd party IR producers, you’re probably used to hearing inflated low end, bumped up mids, and rolled off top end, which is typically done in their post processing and isn’t a natural representation of the cab, but it’s what THEY like to hear. Plus, every cabinet is different, every speaker is unique (even all four of the same speakers in a cab sound different), so it makes sense that my physical Bogner cab may have a different midrange than another Bogner cab.

Like I tell all of my beta testers, listen with fresh ears and tweak the amp the way you like it. If you’ve programmed a patch with someone else’s highly processed captures with boosted midrange and your ears are used to that sound, my captures will sound scooped...mainly because I don’t add any mids. We have lots of ways to EQ our tones in the Axe, so your IR’s should be natural and realistic and then you can easily boost or cut anything you want.

I agree, and that was in no way a knock on your Bogna cab pack, but probably just a testament to how you capture each cab's unique properties and character and not just the 'speaker' in it. The Bogna's a keeper, looking forward to some more 4x12 cabs from you soon!

Thats exactly why i LOVE your IR's !

I agree, and that was in no way a knock on your Bogna cab pack, but probably just a testament to how you capture each cab's unique properties and character and not just the 'speaker' in it. The Bogna's a keeper, looking forward to some more 4x12 cabs from you soon!
Thanks for saying that. I misunderstood you and I apologize for that. Your post on TGP mentioned “Andrew’s IR’s,” so I thought you were unhappy and wishing my stuff sounded like some else’s. I’m glad you’re liking the Bogner, and I think you’ll be happy with the cab I’m currently working on. :)

-Justin

Thanks for saying that. I misunderstood you and I apologize for that. Your post on TGP mentioned “Andrew’s IR’s,” so I thought you were unhappy and wishing my stuff sounded like some else’s. I’m glad you’re liking the Bogner, and I think you’ll be happy with the cab I’m currently working on. :)

-Justin

Edit: I just realised what happened. My TGP post said 'Andrew' because I forgot your first name for a second and thought it was Andrew, à la Andrew York, the classical guitarist. Sorry about that!

PS. You'll notice the 'New Member' tag on my profile here on the Fractal forums - I don't even own a Fractal product. I signed up yesterday because I noticed you're a lot more active here than on TGP (where I've been active for years), and I wanted to stay up to date with your work. I'm a fan of your 'accurate and realistic' approach, and I'm looking forward to your next releases!

Last edited:
And the next winner is.... Something Mesa-y! More details to follow in my Master Thread, but here's a quick clip I made with the new York Audio MES 412 Trad Cab Pack based on a Mesa "Traditional" 4x12. Check it out!

Mesa Recto Oversized Straight Slant with Celestion G12T-75 speakers

Mesa 1x12 Thiele cab with V30 speaker
Mesa 1x12 Thiele cab with C90 speaker

Mesa 3/4 back 2x12 with V30 speakers
Mesa 3/4 back 2x12 with C90 speakers

Mesa Mark IV combo with V30 speaker
Mesa Mark IV combo with C90 speaker

Mesa Rectoverb 25 1x12 combo with stock speaker
Mesa Rectoverb 25 1x12 combo with V30 speaker

Last edited:
Shoot some near field and far field with binaural mics. Far field not meaning corner of the room, just a few feet back to get a beam mix of all the speakers in differing amounts, like where you'd be standing in front of the cab. Standing ear level, kneeling level, sitting level, head on the floor level, at differing distances away. Near-field like face on the grill...

3Dio_FS_Front_WhiteBG_2400x1600_WebReady_v2_grande.jpg

Shoot some near field and far field with binaural mics. Far field not meaning corner of the room, just a few feet back to get a beam mix of all the speakers in differing amounts, like where you'd be standing in front of the cab. Standing ear level, kneeling level, sitting level, head on the floor level, at differing distances away. Near-field like face on the grill...

3Dio_FS_Front_WhiteBG_2400x1600_WebReady_v2_grande.jpg

Funny you mention that. My brother has the Neumann dummy head binaural mic. I’ve thought about borrowing it and shooting some IR’s to see how well it translates. I might give it a go when I get back from NAMM.

Now that you've put out the Mesa Traditional, I'd say what I really want to see is a 4x12 with Pre-Rola G12M25 that are in the prime of their health (I know this can be difficult to find) and properly capture that late 60s/early 70s Greenback sound. A second suggestion would be some cab with G12-65s, that'd make a lot of blues and fusion guys happy!

Back
Top Bottom