How to sync FC-12 Tap Tempo with delay block

ToneLabRat

Experienced
Guys - I must be missing this answer somewhere - sorry - how do I get my FC12 tap tempo to sync with my AF3 so my delay block is set for that tempo?

Do you have a button on the FC set for Tap Tempo? If not, add that first.

That's already tied to the Axe-Fx tempo.

You need to select a tempo in Delay block.

Guys - I must be missing this answer somewhere - sorry - how do I get my FC12 tap tempo to sync with my AF3 so my delay block is set for that tempo?
the FC12 doesn't sync with anything really. it just tells the Axe what to do, blocks don't "live" in the FC12.

did you add a Tap Tempo button to the FC12? you need that to tap the tempo you want.

Ok that's where I'm getting tripped up. I have the button on the FC and it syncs to Axe Edit tempo at the top of the screen. How then do I tell it to adjust the tempo on the delay block?

Ok that's where I'm getting tripped up. I have the button on the FC and it syncs to Axe Edit tempo at the top of the screen. How then do I tell it to adjust the tempo on the delay block?
you set the TEMPO parameter in the Delay block. usually to 1/4 note.

I was initially stalled in the same place too.
The requirement to have a division in order to set tempo against that wasn't intuitive to me either.
I get it now, its also a key to do those Edge-like dotted eight things.

I was initially stalled in the same place too.
The requirement to have a division in order to set tempo against that wasn't intuitive to me either.
I get it now, its also a key to do those Edge-like dotted eight things.
This is usually how all delays work on all brands of gear. Tap tempo by itself is meaningless. There has to be a tempo designated so the “tap” becomes something. The delay block can’t assume you want a 1/4 note delay. You have to tell it. The owners manual also explains this.

This is usually how all delays work on all brands of gear. Tap tempo by itself is meaningless. There has to be a tempo designated so the “tap” becomes something. The delay block can’t assume you want a 1/4 note delay. You have to tell it. The owners manual also explains this.

You are right.

The reason this catches people is everyone of those other units I've ever had in twenty years are set to a quarter note by default... so by default tap does something. Not used to having to set a beat, as like so many not doing U2 covers, I mostly use a quarter anyway.

Tiny thing, but I really did feel dumb for a couple minutes. : )

Back
Top Bottom