Axe-Fx III Firmware Version 12.00 Public Beta #2 (Beta 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrum is bs. There's no substitute for good, old-fashioned roll up your sleeves and get to work.

Scrum is pretty damn important when you have 40 developers on 8 teams, or in my case, 600 developers on 150 teams. I speak from 15 years of direct software development experience. Everybody has a different experience but in the end, when you have to deal with constant cycles of resources where not everyone can be a superstar, scrum accelerates the skill development of low level resources and allows higher skilled resources to do more of what they know best while letting the frivolous things be done by others. It keeps people organized when you have a thousand backlog items to tackle in a month. It makes sure the product managers can predict what's coming. It helps guarantee good quality without an absurd amount of QA. A relatively small development house like FAS can get by without it, but ultimately, scrum allows large teams to roll up their sleeves and get to work after 15 minutes of chat each day without a disaster at time of commit.

I work for one of the largest software companies in the world, and moving to scrum was one of the biggest and most impactful changes my company made in their 30+yr history. It isn't that important in a small company, but when you're dealing with billions of dollars of revenue a year, it's absolutely required.

Last edited:
Amazing job Cliff.

Just back from a show, will install tomorrow morning, hopefully my Axe Edit will work again properly!

Cheers

Working and sounding great!

*Feature request: Is it possible to setup the "hold" and "stack" features as separate midi assignments within the same block?
This would be amazing for soundscaping stuff: build up a texture with stack, then hold it while you build the next one. Although perhaps that’s a job for the looper?

This would be amazing for soundscaping stuff: build up a texture with stack, then hold it while you build the next one. Although perhaps that’s a job for the looper?

If you watch Leon's video on the new beta he switches between stack and hold and does just that. I messed with it today and it would be cool to have both independently available. Plus messing with the "time" setting while they are stacked or in hold mode gives some crazy responses. Having independent control with or without the looper would be awesome.

Scrum is bs. There's no substitute for good, old-fashioned roll up your sleeves and get to work.

I know you know precisely just how the pyramids were built.

Would you kindly reveal it in the next firmware? (Exposed to the user) 🙏🏻

Should I post this on the Wish list? 😊

How can I make the Axe Edit in sync with the Axe Fx III after update? The Axe Edit just doesn't show correct model or value after FW update ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom