RAC12

I loved using my RAC 12 with my Axe II, it makes it just like using a real amp. Are we concluding that using it with the III is or is not possible? I was told by the RAC designer that it won’t work with Axe III.

I don’t mind about not having any visual display of parameter settings - for changing amp settings on the fly, I just need to turn up or down by ear for each parameter. I don’t need to know the values. So this can be done by direct midi instructions as mentioned by @666was999?

I’d love it if I could get that going again with the Axe III, the amps are so good.

@AlGrenadine: I pulled my trusty AxeFx II plus RAC12 out of the closet after a lengthy phase of enjoying my tube amps. Upgraded to ARES 2.0 firmware. Now I realise that the RAC doesn't seem to properly communicate with Axe II anymore: It fetches the correct patch name, but doesn't reflect any changes to the setting if they are edited on the Axe directly. Also, when twiddling the knobs on the RAC12, the Axe II is receiving midi (indicator light blinking) but the parameters are actually not updated. Is this a known issue? if so - is there a fix for this? I loved my RAC since I got it years ago. Made my Axe experience so much nicer. I would be sad if I couldn't continue using it with the latest firmware. Thanks for getting back to me.

No, the RAC12 is compatible with Ares 2, so you probably didn't connect it correctly
Set adapter mode to off and mfc echo mode to off, then connect rac12's midi out to AxeFx's in and viceversa.
If you use a bidirectional midi din cable, just connect rac12's midi out to AxeFx's in

No, the RAC12 is compatible with Ares 2, so you probably didn't connect it correctly
Set adapter mode to off and mfc echo mode to off, then connect rac12's midi out to AxeFx's in and viceversa.
If you use a bidirectional midi din cable, just connect rac12's midi out to AxeFx's in
Thanks Al - will try and report back. Really appreciate your ongoing support for the RAC12.

I am trying to download the program to run a RAC12 with an Axe 2, but there is flash player malware i can't get past. Is it still possible to get that program? I want to get the RAC12 I bought but put on the shelf working with the Axe so I can sell them as a bundle.

Back
Top Bottom