FC-6 layout question

kevrock

Experienced
I know that you can store 8 layouts. But is that all? Im trying to have a layout for scene 1 and a different lay out for scene 2 3 etc. My question is when I switch to another preset I can't seem to figure out if I can have a whole new 8 layouts. Are the lays just 8 total? so you have to use one or more of those 8 on all your presets or is there a way to get 8 layouts per preset? thanks.
I'm trying to decide on the 6 or 12 id prefer the 6 for size

If you want to do this at the scene level, I'm not sure you can. You get 8 layouts total, and you do have the ability to override these layouts using the "per preset" function, but there is no "per scene" function.

I will tell you that 8 layouts, given the different things you can do, is a shit ton of options. You can hit a switch to change a scene, and that can automatically take you to a new layout page - but again, you are limited to one of the 8 saved layouts. If you absolutely need this much flexibility, you might consider switching presets instead of switching scenes, then you could set up the controller on a per preset basis.

Last edited:
I know that you can store 8 layouts. But is that all? Im trying to have a layout for scene 1 and a different lay out for scene 2 3 etc. My question is when I switch to another preset I can't seem to figure out if I can have a whole new 8 layouts. Are the lays just 8 total? so you have to use one or more of those 8 on all your presets or is there a way to get 8 layouts per preset? thanks.
I'm trying to decide on the 6 or 12 id prefer the 6 for size
Read up on Per-Preset switches and Layout Links.

you can change the switches per preset using per-preset switches. changing switches per scene is not a feature.

using tap and hold you could get 4 scenes on one switch using Scene Toggle. every switch has at least 2 functions available.

I’m gonna try and read more I guess I’m not wrapping my head around it yet. Lol. I got scenes figured out. I guess I’m also used to more buttons from my ax8. Lol. But all your info is very helpful thanks.

I’m gonna try and read more I guess I’m not wrapping my head around it yet. Lol. I got scenes figured out. I guess I’m also used to more buttons from my ax8. Lol. But all your info is very helpful thanks.
It took me a few tries to get my head around how the FC Layouts could be used effectively, but I did, and once you do, you will likely be able to do most anything you need. The layouts, per-preset switches, and per-preset overrides give a lot of flexibility. My dual FC6 setup uses two layouts on the first FC (presets and scenes) and one layout on the second (control switches and fx on/off), and does everything I could think of....
20200101_172501.jpg

It took me a few tries to get my head around how the FC Layouts could be used effectively, but I did, and once you do, you will likely be able to do most anything you need. The layouts, per-preset switches, and per-preset overrides give a lot of flexibility. My dual FC6 setup uses two layouts on the first FC (presets and scenes) and one layout on the second (control switches and fx on/off), and does everything I could think of....
20200101_172501.jpg

LOVE those overlays. That's not a paint job or is it?

20200101_172501.jpg

I'd seen in another thread you'd switched to a dual FC6 setup from an FC12 and have been trying to get my head around the potential benefits. Ideally I'd like more switches instantly available than I currently have on my FC6. I use a preset per song and usually have 3 or 4 scenes per song - rarely more. What I'd love is to have instant access to the scene switches and to be able to bypass and engage 6 or more effects and control switches without having to switch layouts mid song - presumably your setup achieves exactly this?

What are the benefits over an FC12 other than being able to position your expression pedals in the middle?

I'd seen in another thread you'd switched to a dual FC6 setup from an FC12 and have been trying to get my head around the potential benefits. Ideally I'd like more switches instantly available than I currently have on my FC6. I use a preset per song and usually have 3 or 4 scenes per song - rarely more. What I'd love is to have instant access to the scene switches and to be able to bypass and engage 6 or more effects and control switches without having to switch layouts mid song - presumably your setup achieves exactly this?

What are the benefits over an FC12 other than being able to position your expression pedals in the middle?
  1. 4 more pedals and 4 more switches being possible
  2. Ability to put my stand-in switch definitions in the first layout and not touch the master layout
  3. Not falling over trying to reach the far button as I was with all the pedals on one end
  4. Ability to place the whole lot in an arc (kinda hard to find a pedalboard that works that way, tho)
Truth be told, with almost all of my per-song presets, I could do fine with one FC6 and the external stand-ins using the 3-sounds-on-one-pedal trick. It's my 'kitchen sink' presets that need more buttons.

1. 4 more pedals and 4 more switches being possible
  2. Ability to put my stand-in switch definitions in the first layout and not touch the master layout
  3. Not falling over trying to reach the far button as I was with all the pedals on one end
  4. Ability to place the whole lot in an arc (kinda hard to find a pedalboard that works that way, tho)
Truth be told, with almost all of my per-song presets, I could do fine with one FC6 and the external stand-ins using the 3-sounds-on-one-pedal trick. It's my 'kitchen sink' presets that need more buttons.

Thanks for the reply

I seriously need to get to grips with the capabilities of the FC6 - from reading through a few threads I'm barely using any of it's potential. The 3 scenes from 2 switches thread alone will probably free up the top 3 buttons for me in any given preset.

So many options with this stuff - it's brilliant!

Back
Top Bottom