AX8 Firmware Version 10.01

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t disagree and I’m not ‘demanding’ a reply or anything like that. This would be icing on an already delicious cake.
To be honest, at this time I’m only trying to understand if we can get one or if it can’t be done at all. Cliff’s last update on this was that he has not gotten the algorithms to execute as he would have liked to. I am more interested in knowing if there’s a viable solution rather than how early it can be rolled out.

EDIT : English

Same here. I'm super happy with the way it sounds. If something new comes, really cool! If not, it's absolutely fine too.
I was talking more about fixing bugs (in my case only one, a loud "thumb" sometimes when switching patches, which is quite embarrassing on a loud P.A. in front of thousand people).

Same here. I'm super happy with the way it sounds. If something new comes, really cool! If not, it's absolutely fine too.
I was talking more about fixing bugs (in my case only one, a loud "thumb" sometimes when switching patches, which is quite embarrassing on a loud P.A. in front of thousand people).

Interesting that you are getting a "loud thump" when switching presets. Are switching presets mid-song or is it during scene changes or X/Y states? I don't have or had any issues like that.

That bug was described in this thread several months ago. It seems that if you switch between presets containing certain amp models, you will get a loud thump.

It is one of those nasty bugs, I wish Fractal would fix. I don't care for a half-assed update to ARES.

Interesting that you are getting a "loud thump" when switching presets. Are switching presets mid-song or is it during scene changes or X/Y states? I don't have or had any issues like that.

Not always (not at all). Usually happens once or twice every show / session. Not a deal breaker, but quite annoying. And our P.A. guy always asking me why they don't fix the bug...

Change amp models you are using in your presets that are known to "thump", to similarly styled models that don't exhibit this behavior?

Ares would be cool, but Quantum still continues to give. I paid for a Choptones metal tone pack for my mooer GE200 for my rhythm guitarist, and compared to AX8's Bogner Euro with Leon Todd's free Mesa 2x12 IR, I am still blown away how incredible the Quantum sound is going through my 3-way PA.

You guys already have 95%, the lack of an extra 3% isn't a deal breaker. At least for me. Just keep on experimenting with what you already have!

Think about it... if Fractal releases right now the new AX8 firmware, it will probably make AX8 sound closer to FM3. This will refrain GAS addicted AX8 owners to sell their old fashioned unit to buy new FM3. And Fractal NEEDS to sell FM3 as f*ck!

Think about it... if Fractal releases right now the new AX8 firmware, it will probably make AX8 sound closer to FM3. This will refrain GAS addicted AX8 owners to sell their old fashioned unit to buy new FM3. And Fractal NEEDS to sell FM3 as f*ck!
I’m sure Fractal has just been heavily focused on getting the FM3 out the door and now they’re adding some features from the III. Cliff could be adding way more features to the new AX8 firmware since he originally started porting more of Ares and that would explain the time it’s taken :)

Ahh, welcome 'new member'. This would seem to be very much common sense, and your logic is sound.

But I've been hanging around these parts a looong time and witnessed this same situation before, and guess what. In the past, Cliff has completely defied this logic and gifted the community with free updates anyway (Axe-Fx II).

He didn't have to, and arguably cost himself sales of the newer boxes. YES he did it anyway, and it's either very generous or a level of wisdom not so obvious. If you take a long term view, you create a lot of good faith with those kind of moves. The kind of good faith that leads to future and repeat customers.

I really believe the non-update of AX8 (and FX8) has more to do with unfortunate technical PITA issues, being an old platform for which Cliff was never the primary firmware engineer. 5 months ago he gave it a shot anyway, realized it's not a quick/easy job. Based on him even mentioning it on forum, he most likely still means to do something (or have a new engineer do something), eventually, if they ever get time.

Never say never (until Cliff does)

You re so crazy as i :) FM3 or keep the gooood old ax8 ..? keep the old one and go further with the new one .
Just my french touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom