Multiple Buzzing Sounds

Lol.. sorry old snail.. excuse my teasing. I got yelled at for it.
You guys definitely got some things right, that we have wrong.
DC doesn't have these issues? Fractal doesn't provide to you a 2 prong power cord for your outlets would it?
The metric system is another example of a better way.
Kind Regards
BVG

Please tell me why Hertz is better than Cycles? :confused:

What about...get a di box and take the balanced output to one of the Axe’s balanced inputs?
...but that wouldn’t get rid of what gets picked up at the guitar, only the cable, right?
Right. It would only address the noise induced in the cable, which is pretty small compared to what gets induced in the guitar. And you’d still have a length of unbalanced cable.

Hertz isn’t cycles, it’s cycles per second. Just like speed is expressed in miles per hour, not in miles.

Why is Hertz better than cycles per second? 70% less typing. :)

:)

Not buying it - kilohertz or kilocycles - people knew what you were talking about and cycles means more to me than some French guy's name.

Just like a foot = foot. ;)

Not buying it - kilohertz or kilocycles - people knew what you were talking about and cycles means more to me than some French guy's name.

Just like a foot = foot. ;)
The unit of measure is Hertz, whether you like the guy's name or not... Are you going to call Ohms something else, too?

Looking into having someone shield the guitar. Seems to be the main "take home" message.

I'm not sure about these hush pedals or boxes. If shielding improves it, then why put the money into something else?

Haven't heard much about cords, other than length. They seem to all be wrapped in some type of sheilding...etc. Brings question to the effectiveness of sheeting?

Humbuster cables.. can't seem to be able to navigate or find cables on the Fractal website. But found some talk of it online.
Is this something they still have?

Humbuster cables.. can't seem to be able to navigate or find cables on the Fractal website. But found some talk of it online.
Is this something they still have?
Page 6 of manual, or find "humbuster" throughout the manual:
https://www.fractalaudio.com/downloads/manuals/axe-fx-3/Axe-Fx-III-Owners-Manual.pdf

If you want to buy it:
https://shop.fractalaudio.com/FAS_Humbuster_Cable_p/fas-602.htm

But it's not for inputs like the guitar input, it's for 1/4" outputs. Not applicable to current conversation.

"Cycles" is inaccurate, even if people usually knew what you were talking about. "I was driving down the highway doing 70 miles" would be equally inaccurate. If "cycles" really does mean more to you, at least use the word correctly. :)

By the way, Hertz was German, not French.

"Cycles" is inaccurate, even if people usually knew what you were talking about. "I was driving down the highway doing 70 miles" would be equally inaccurate. If "cycles" really does mean more to you, at least use the word correctly. :)

By the way, Hertz was German, not French.

Ok ... some European ... :p

I turned on my FX 3 last night, and the first thing I noticed was that some of the factory presets had no buzzing, and some did. The ones that have more buzzing, have a louder sound profile when playing. Makes sense I guess.

When the guitar is plugged in, the buzzing is a higher pitched buzz. If I unplug the cable from the guitar only, the buzz is more a of lower-pitched hum. So it is not just the guitar, but the cable also.

I would think that someone who has created a buzz-free preset could enlighten us on how to not have buzzing?!

I turned on my FX 3 last night, and the first thing I noticed was that some of the factory presets had no buzzing, and some did. The ones that have more buzzing, have a louder sound profile when playing. Makes sense I guess.

When the guitar is plugged in, the buzzing is a higher pitched buzz. If I unplug the cable from the guitar only, the buzz is more a of lower-pitched hum. So it is not just the guitar, but the cable also.

I would think that someone who has created a buzz-free preset could enlighten us on how to not have buzzing?!
Buzzing can come from many places. Bad cable, interference from florescent, LED and other lights, ground hum, guitar pickups and more. Higher gain presets will have more buzzing as well. So once you have confirmed it is coming from the preset, adjust your input block gate settings. All my presets are super quiet, when not playing. My go to gate settings are -40, 2:1, 10, 20. I stop playing and everything goes quiet with no sustain loss.

Buzzing can come from many places. Bad cable, interference from florescent, LED and other lights, ground hum, guitar pickups and more. Higher gain presets will have more buzzing as well. So once you have confirmed it is coming from the preset, adjust your input block gate settings. All my presets are super quiet, when not playing. My go to gate settings are -40, 2:1, 10, 20. I stop playing and everything goes quiet with no sustain loss.
I'm a noob on this equipment to the extreme. I'll do more testing, but I'm sure I would experience the same thing as some other poster who said he turned off all circuit breakers in the house except the Axe outlet, and would still get the buzzing. It has to be the presets. Do you have any negative sound impacts at all when you increase the gate?

For example, do you have buzzing on 020 Euro Uber?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Unplug the cable from the Axe-Fx. There's your answer.

Back
Top Bottom