Presets MASTER THREAD - AustinBuddy's 1400+ NAKED AMPS TonePack for firmware Cygnus X2

Third party presets and packs for Fractal Audio products
I guess none of this matters if it’s just buggy because of the beta...but what was happening on mine with beta 4 (or whatever the latest was) was that parameters like input boost, bright switch, saturation switch, etc. were being assigned to a foot switch - signified by the yellow dot beneath it...and wouldn’t allow you to toggle it on/off with Axe Edit. Once I right clicked on the ones with the yellow dot and changed the “assignment” to “none,” the presets started making sense.

I’m new to the presets, but I don’t think they were designed with input boost and and saturation ideal on to be engaged. Maybe I’m wrong. I still need to go back to 11.01 to see if that’s the case.
Right, it is totally a FC thing in the BETA that will be fixed. I have assignments that let you use the FC12 or FC 6 control an amp boost, fat, bright or saturation and the beta version apparently had an issue that affected.

Just use the PUBLIC Non-Beta 11.1 until a new public non-beta is released.

Just bought and downloaded in the interim of sale. How to roll back to public final 11.1 instead of the current version beta on my rig Fx3?... You alerted repeatedly BETA version will not properly work, which I'm afraid since I am novice at all.

You'll always find the last FINAL public (non-beta) on the main Fractal Website. So you can download 11.1 here (as of 1/1/2020). It works perfect with the updated banks. Enjoy!

Okay guys - firmware 11 Naked Amps banks are all updated/done! You can login and download this NOW - it's labeled in your account as:

fw11_Axe-Fx_III_1400+_Naked-Amps-TonePack_Temp

Pasting some update notes below....

The 1400+ Naked Amps is three banks now, and all have been updated to firmware 11. Moved the bonus presets into a new Bank C.

While it says "temp" in file name, know that all the banks are presumed final, unless you guys find errors which I will fix subsequently. I'm calling it "temp" because the docs aren't finished. I did include a rough .pdf list of all the presets/scenes that I want to arrange nicer later (fewer pages).

I've added a few Tonepack Sampler presets to Bank B from the released Brit Rock Royalty #1 and the yet-unreleased 200+ Bass TonePack (Axe-Fx III version coming in 2020).

Bank B also has an area reserved for future amp updates. Added the new Matchless DC30 EF model, there plus the Wrecker Liverpool bright. I add the new Express bright model into the original Wrecker preset in Bank B, and moved the Liverpool amp instead to this new area. I've reserved space for new amp additions (but you can use those preset slots for whatever you want).

I couldn't get to complete documentation by my deadline tonight, so I'm going to work on that for another week or so, along with some new walk-through videos that will be helpful. I also need to get an FC6 layout version together. When everything is done, will post here. Enjoy and Happy New Years!

Update release notes:

BANKS A-B-C UPDATE FOR 1400+ NAKED AMPS

This zip file contains a the anticipated 1400+ Naked Amps firmware 11 update, but without final documentation. Rather than make everyone wait for the whole thing with final docs and videos, wanted to release access to this update before New Year’s day.

The final documents and preset/scene list are still being developed and coming soon into your account.

Please report any errors you find on the Fractal Forum or to my email at heybuddy @ austinbuddy.com. The presets should be final as updated ARES firmware 11.x+ version for the Fractal Audio Axe-Fx III.

The complete TonePack update with all notes should be available before January 10th in your user account at www.AustinBuddy.com. I’ll send out a newsletter announcement when completed, as well as post to the forum and Facebook page. I hope do some video tutorials soon as a more digestible guide than a written manual.

If you are a first time buyer installing this, refer to the version5 README documents. Just install this firmware v11 Banks instead of the v5 Banks.

Bank changes in this updated firmware 11 version include:

• Rearrangement of existing scenes in presets to go numerically from lower gain to higher gain in most presets
  • Changes to preset names and scene names to make them fit “better” into the windows on the FC12 and FC6 Foot controllers
  • addition of “v11” at end of preset name to avoid confusion with prior version “v5” presets
  • Tweaks to volume level, gain, tone and to cab blocks, including more lo cut on many amp models with excessive bass under firmware 11. Use the Amp Block’s CUT feature to reverse these effects or lower the Cab Blocks LO CUT if you want to add more bass.
  • Most of these presets will be LOUDER than the version 5 presets.
  • Also included is a FC12 “Page 6” layout for controlling the Amp Block that can be imported into an FC12 using Axe-Edit III’s Foot-controller/Layouts/Edit feature. I’m also including my latest complete FC12 layout I’m using (all layouts as well). An FC 6 version is in the works.
  • Moving the old Bonus Presets section to a new Bank C, to make more room in Bank B for future amp/preset expansion and also inclide the TonePack Samplers in Bank B.
  • Fractal artist Larry Mitchell has generously submitted a great Strat preset under the Other Makers preset section — thanks Larry!
Hi Austinbuddy,

happy new Year.

Downloaded all banks and am totally happy (as always with your presets). Just noticed that the Hiwatt DR103 preset is not working properly (a pop sound and then the AXE III is not working anymore). Checked twice! All other presets working just fine. Anyone else noticing that or is it just me?

Cheers
Martin

Hi Austinbuddy,

happy new Year.

Downloaded all banks and am totally happy (as always with your presets). Just noticed that the Hiwatt DR103 preset is not working properly (a pop sound and then the AXE III is not working anymore). Checked twice! All other presets working just fine. Anyone else noticing that or is it just me?

Cheers
Martin
Just use the PUBLIC Non-Beta 11.1 until a new public non-beta is released.
I'm pretty certain there's an issue related to the Hiwatt speaker impedance curve that is in one of the public beta versions of 11.02.

Hi Austinbuddy,

happy new Year.

Cheers
Martin
You are using a beta firmware. Roll back to 11.1 until a FINAL PUBLIC (non-beta) comes out.

As said by @unix-guy, it's a known firmware issue (not preset issue) that will be fixed in future.

New to Fractal-land, some basic housekeeping questions: This pack has separate files for banks A, B, and C. I want to keep the factory banks for now, and I have a few of my own in the bank just above them. So, I want to load one of your banks at a time, into a bank that's not any of those.

If I use Fractal-bot to load your Bank A file for instance, will it ask me where to put it, or does it inherently go into Bank A, where the factory presets start?

Is Fractal-bot the only or best way to transfer presets into the III?

Is there anyway to transfer individual presets from a full bank file like these, or to audition them without loading them?

Thanks.

Okay guys - firmware 11 Naked Amps banks are all updated/done! You can login and download this NOW - it's labeled in your account as:

fw11_Axe-Fx_III_1400+_Naked-Amps-TonePack_Temp

=========================================================================================

Just downloaded and dive into EDIT, however, it is noticed that in some of presets, there is LOOPER associated with outputs to OUT1, OUT2
and OUT4 respectively. Main out is only coupled to OUT3. But, I DO NOT use a LOOPER fuction in any instances. How can I help myself?..
Happy New Year AustinBuddy!

New to Fractal-land, some basic housekeeping questions: This pack has separate files for banks A, B, and C. I want to keep the factory banks for now, and I have a few of my own in the bank just above them. So, I want to load one of your banks at a time, into a bank that's not any of those.

If I use Fractal-bot to load your Bank A file for instance, will it ask me where to put it, or does it inherently go into Bank A, where the factory presets start?

Is there anyway to transfer individual presets from a full bank file like these, or to audition them without loading them?

Thanks.
Look in Axe-Edit under the Tools menu. Axe Manage Presets will let you load banks and audition presets.

I guess none of this matters if it’s just buggy because of the beta...but what was happening on mine with beta 4 (or whatever the latest was) was that parameters like input boost, bright switch, saturation switch, etc. were being assigned to a foot switch - signified by the yellow dot beneath it...and wouldn’t allow you to toggle it on/off with Axe Edit. Once I right clicked on the ones with the yellow dot and changed the “assignment” to “none,” the presets started making sense.

I’m new to the presets, but I don’t think they were designed with input boost and and saturation ideal on to be engaged. Maybe I’m wrong. I still need to go back to 11.01 to see if that’s the case.

I had the same issues with Dream Rigs and Axe FXIIXL+. I couldn't turn on or off the input boost or input trim. I thought the Dream Rigs pack just sounded bad and I'd wasted my money until I bought two external pedals and connected them to the back of the Axe FX and set them for input boost, and input trim. Like you, then the presets started making sense. If the presets from 1400 naked amps are set up in a similar way to Dream Rigs I'll probably just do what I did for the Axe FXIIXL+ and Dream Rigs and add two external pedals for input boost and input trim.

I had the same issues with Dream Rigs and Axe FXIIXL+. I couldn't turn on or off the input boost or input trim. I thought the Dream Rigs pack just sounded bad and I'd wasted my money until I bought two external pedals and connected them to the back of the Axe FX and set them for input boost, and input trim. Like you, then the presets started making sense. If the presets from 1400 naked amps are set up in a similar way to Dream Rigs I'll probably just do what I did for the Axe FXIIXL+ and Dream Rigs and add two external pedals for input boost and input trim.

These control switches default to OFF in most cases (meaning, the sounds are generally designed with them off, except for bright if that is on by default in the real amp). I'd need to understand better why they switch to ON for you when they are saved as OFF in the preset.

They should not come on unless you explicitly activate them. For the Dream Rigs XL yes you'd need an MFC 101 or midi controller and you'd have to set it up, on the AX8 I've done that for you on the foot-switch assignments.

For the III if you import and save the included FC12 Amp Page layout for your own page 6 layout, on the FC12 it will be set up. I'm working on an FC 6 setup next...The global bank size may have to be 4 instead of 8 there, we'll see...8 scenes and six buttons to get them (not enough, short by 2) is problematic I know.

Now that the updated banks are done I'm going to try to get a good video tutorial(s) set together to be helpful rather than lost of user manual reading.

For the Axe-Fx III, let me add one way this problem above can happen is if you create your own preset template but you don't set the scene controllers to OFF in your template, and then you COPY a Naked Amps amp block into it. However the most recent problem reported above was a controller thing in 11.2x firmware that Fractal changed in a beta firmware and they will fix, it was not a preset issue.

Your should start any new preset with a CS per Scene screen that looks like this, else a scene controller turned ON from a prior preset can "carry over". See the Axe-III manual for more info about this... If it says ON or LAST in the table below instead of OFF, then you can have problems mentioned above.

None of the Naked Amps presets will have these scene controllers be set to ON or LAST in this 8X8 table of controller status (On/LAST/OFF); all should already come as OFF.

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 5.53.50 PM.png

Look in Axe-Edit under the Tools menu. Axe Manage Presets will let you load banks and audition presets.
So I tried this, and it worked, but with a weirdness.

After a short time of being in preset auto-audition mode, it switched to cab mode by itself, with the browser still open. That happened repeatedly -- I'd close the browser, reopen it in preset mode, and it'd switch back by itself again.

Is that a thing? Am I doing or not doing something to cause it?

Thanks.

You can use Axe-edit Preset manage if you like, but the easiest and quickest way is to use FractalBot to load and save banks.

You should learn how to use it, and learn to back up everything in your unit regularly. I do it after every session. Trust me, the one time you don't, you'll kick yourself. Many here can attest.

Fractal Bot will ask you WHERE -- hardware Bank A, B C or D - you want to put the bank.

You can ALWAYS load the Factory banks back -- they are on the Fractal website. The Naked Amps comes with an EMPTY bank too.

A lot of folks structure the unit this way:

- Bank A is your favorites, your "keepers" -- you build and make this bank your own.

Bank C and D are the Naked Amps banks so you can always grab them (although some people like me use B and C, not C and D)

Bank B is your working "Try them out and then delete it later" bank -- Put Factory A in here, go through, move the keepers to your Unit's Bank A. Then Load factory Banks B into the hardware Bank B and repeat, then Factory C into B, and repeat...

The beauty of FractalBot is you never lose anything, and you can always revert back. You may want to create directories (I do) of backups by the firmware number they are on. So for example I have backups in a fw5 labeled directory folder, then a separate back up directory folder for fw 11.1. That helps you avoid a lower firmware presets into a higher firmware...

Last edited:
So I tried this, and it worked, but with a weirdness.

After a short time of being in preset auto-audition mode, it switched to cab mode by itself, with the browser still open. That happened repeatedly -- I'd close the browser, reopen it in preset mode, and it'd switch back by itself again.

Is that a thing? Am I doing or not doing something to cause it?

Try shutting down the unit and Axe-Edit, then starting them up again and see if it happens again. It probably won't. If it happens on a specific preset let us know -- and are you on firmware 11.1 public or on 11.2 beta because the latest beta does not have an Axe-Edit ready for it yet I don't think??? If you are new to unit especially, stay away from loading firmware beta releases -- they are beta for a reason, ands stuff happens. Stick with the PUBLIC final firmware releases only. I put a link above, latest PUBLIC final version firmware will be on Fractal main website in Downloads area always.

After a short time of being in preset auto-audition mode, it switched to cab mode by itself, with the browser still open.

This just happened to me about an hour ago. I'm still on 11.1. I was auditioning @austinbuddy bonus presets. I dragged the Carlton preset into a slot, then switched to the next preset in the list of presets in the bank sequence to continue auditioning. After that is when the screen flipped to the cabs. Not sure why that happened. I closed the audition window and reopened it without closing Edit. I will probably save each preset I copy over, one at a time, before auditioning new presets in the future.

Back
Top Bottom