Resist the GAS, or succumb to it? To upgrade or not to upgrade? Help a guy out!

Being an owner of the II and the AX8, I can guarantee you it’s not like driving an Edsel. More like driving a highly sought after, vintage, Porsche 911 or split window Corvette!!
It was a joke.
But yes, also having owned a II+ I can concur that the Fractal "old tech" is still quite functional and glorious (even as it may eventually drift into the land of "unsupported" toys)

Best thing is to buy it, and think for yourself. You can return it if you want. Sounds like you got your money's worth out of the 2... having it since 2012, but still plenty of life left, but you'll have more to play with in the 3 obviously.

Well... I gave in! Xmas came early! :)

View attachment 61437

Congrats, you'll love it.

I've been more than happy, delighted in fact, with my AX8 over the past three years. Was saving up for the FM3 and managed to snag a 2nd hand III for a good deal a few weeks back

So glad i did.

Like yourself I dont use complicated presets. But, I can tell you you'll love the III, everything you love about the II will be there but better, and there's all the new routing options.

I've A/B'd the AX8 and the III a few times, and the III is better. More natural in feel and tone, and it's the first time I've had anything sound better than the AX8

I now plan to sell the AX8 soon to rebuild the FM3 money pot as I like the tones from the III so much I can use the FM3 for rehearsals and small gigs and the III for anything else, but mainly for home use

It's a wondrous piece of gear.

Back
Top Bottom