AFIII "Beds Are Burning" - Live Video

Fro

Experienced
Our cover of the Midnight Oil classic. The left channel is my live guitar, which is my 70's Tele Custom using the 5F8 Tweed amp model. I doubled my part in the right channel with my 70's Strat using the AC30 Top Boost model just for fun. Everything else is from the show. Enjoy!

Last edited:
I got "video unavailable". But based on your Cars cover, I'll bet it's excellent!
Thanks for the Cars cover compliment. Yeah, I get that same thing too whenever anyone posts a video. It took me awhile to figure out that I can right click on it, copy the video url, and open it in a new tab/window. Not sure if it's a browser thing, but that's the only thing that works for me.

Killer version! Love the oils

I saw them with Hunters & Collectors in 1990 at the Greek Theatre. Memorable concert. The Oils were absolutely fantastic. I had never heard of H&C and instantly became a fan.

@Fro Really enjoyed the video. You guys sounded great. Well done!

Last edited:
That was really spectacular. The mix sounded stereo -- are you running stereo, live?

Thanks! Yes, we are running stereo. In this recording though, I did add a second guitar for fun. I mentioned above that the live guitar is in the left speaker, and the one I added is in the right. So that's definitely adding to the stereo effect in this recording.

But I do try to take advantage of the stereo PA. Since we're a three piece, I like to make the big stuff sound really big. So I do big open chords and thick delays. I'd be so confused if we added another guitar player. I wouldn't know how to get out of the way. lol

Great job! It's awesome hearing songs that aren't typically covered.

Thanks! It's funny, because for a long time this song wasn't in our regular rotation, but we kept getting requests for it. Which is great, because we love the song. So now it's officially in the set.

Killer version! Love the oils
I saw them with Hunters & Collectors in 1990 at the Greek Theatre. Memorable concert. The Oils were absolutely fantastic. I had never heard of H&C and instantly became a fan.

@Fro Really enjoyed the video. You guys sounded great!!!!

Thanks guys. I'm jealous. I never had the chance to see Midnight Oil live. Diesel and Dust is one of those albums I love listening to straight through as a whole album. Not one bad cut on it. And the production is so good.

I wasn't familiar with Hunters & Collectors, so I had to look them up. First video to pop up on YouTube was "Throw Your Arms Around Me". It reminds me a lot of my other favorite band from the same time period, The Bodeans. I'm going to have to check out more of their music.

Nice job, love that song & ya never hear that covered. Btw, you out in Wisconsin? I saw in the YouTube Fond Du Lac, used to live in Northern IL, we used to play an occasional game out your way in HS. Lol

In this recording though, I did add a second guitar for fun. I mentioned above that the live guitar is in the left speaker, and the one I added is in the right. So that's definitely adding to the stereo effect in this recording.
Totally missed that. It really does sound massive.

Back
Top Bottom