Show Us Your AX8 Rig! (post your pics)

So, this is a recent assemblage, however I haven't tidied up the cabling, yet.
I built the board from scratch using stuff I grabbed from Home Depot. The stain was a return I got on the cheap called Cherry Blossom.
It's the exact same length and width as a PT Pro, just flat. The expression pedals are a gutted crybaby housing and a housing I got from Small bear, wired them both with 100K pots and added momentary switches to the jacks on the right if I decide I want to use that option.
I used a hammered copper paint for the one on the right. I've used this live once and it went pretty well, considering I only got the unit a week before the show :anguished:. I think I want to get a smaller board or build a smaller board. I'm just too lazy to measure everything right now, and then I need to find a case to fit it all.
P_20191015_210931.jpg

How do you like that HeadRush speaker?
So far I'm liking them, I was very surprised how clean and clear the non distortion patches sound through them for the price and I really was not expecting that type of quality compared my JCM800 w/EVM12L and EVM Black Label's that I have used for the longest time, another surprise was switching from bridge humbucker to single coil pickups and combinations really gave a new dimension of tone that I liked and was not as prominent on my Marshall's, I'll put them to work with a band Thursday evening for the first time so I can report back on that later. The AX8 reverbs, delays and other sounds are really lush and defined w/HR speaks, its just fantastic to my ear when using stereo there was another thread in the amp speaker forum I was trolling while I was on the fence to get them or not, someone mentioned that the speakers were boomy or overly bassy while at first I didn't think much of it, it did get me thinking a bit so I made some adjustments and rolled off the bright, presence and turned on the cut in the amp section and started comparing, I'd say the cabs really are Full Range I don't have a white noise generator or measure so cant really tell you if they are truly flat but at $600 for the pair and an extra $1 bill for the two stands compared to other high quality options I'd say so far so good, expecially in the roadie department, my back is already thanking me. Hope that helps...
Cheers DaveO

I have one too, it's pretty powerful. I used it as a stage monitor on a cameo i did a few weeks ago, and it was WAY more powerful than I needed, so it's got juice!

What boards are you guys finding work best with a couple expression pedals and a couple other things like tuners and outboard effects or wireless pedals?

So far I'm liking them, I was very surprised how clean and clear the non distortion patches sound through them for the price and I really was not expecting that type of quality compared my JCM800 w/EVM12L and EVM Black Label's that I have used for the longest time, another surprise was switching from bridge humbucker to single coil pickups and combinations really gave a new dimension of tone that I liked and was not as prominent on my Marshall's, I'll put them to work with a band Thursday evening for the first time so I can report back on that later. The AX8 reverbs, delays and other sounds are really lush and defined w/HR speaks, its just fantastic to my ear when using stereo there was another thread in the amp speaker forum I was trolling while I was on the fence to get them or not, someone mentioned that the speakers were boomy or overly bassy while at first I didn't think much of it, it did get me thinking a bit so I made some adjustments and rolled off the bright, presence and turned on the cut in the amp section and started comparing, I'd say the cabs really are Full Range I don't have a white noise generator or measure so cant really tell you if they are truly flat but at $600 for the pair and an extra $1 bill for the two stands compared to other high quality options I'd say so far so good, expecially in the roadie department, my back is already thanking me. Hope that helps...
Cheers DaveO
Sweet. I am new to the AX8 so looking for a quality, affordable FRFR speaker to use as a monitor. Might have to go for it.

What boards are you guys finding work best with a couple expression pedals and a couple other things like tuners and outboard effects or wireless pedals?
There are truck loads of posts on it, I myself haven't invested in one as I'm waiting for the FM3 before I invest in a board and portable layout but good old google reveals the best results with pictures, Im seeing a few I really like, here you go... https://www.google.com/search?q=ax8...Al6BAgDEDE&biw=1381&bih=808#spf=1571201781560

I'm using a Friedman Tour Pro 1525 at the moment, fits the AX8 and a few other bits & bobs nicely:

EvFS42uJC-1DQtYOwCDThy3epzMDchXYN3fvIrMRPiVZcs4iy-8yi3teJud3P-JLyXT7zJtwq12c61qW7Y-gsNff5ZROUiDUyQBJ8NbIME9EEgI6XPDBdKDCuTH0T5ImMJgftCU4EUf_8-RL_NJ7h4RSIdo_Ytj-iNFhQmpbvaIhrlMzG1AXZylS1nTWuWKaZJSfzMNIOQCr_PPCXqDTO5dfLJtrNjl3dCeIokKdC2gKW8pdncJzN5tTs37xPXmyPH-glrhXNHEFM-ILFqot_rq2nu5Zo6RO5L89ehyIkTmZ9o4--mslkQjda6W4f8bHlrVCwAEvPEJOkC8RYBlg80xE3D_cf-ra37rq4jT9-Zc6ppEUMZi98HxEVRGwFgSeCM-3W2Vk9-N8yumIIFdTdDPKFugyxAaNL8K7NQzbWbFKZCwDtYMB0ba8QlgxAWmPLN4PmcGRefoMd4486w9oKsAJZsC5TQGvS1DrfmTVLybjuY67e8ileL1xjnHULSpDA43trzSVRQwybes2PAovvbD2ai-ivbxpudYj8pzP49e8TMXVIMNi9fplHEWlPwJMpLQkhH_iNqjN-3eYn-HuxhB_mdWiktfONB2HVv8pWqYNaVHmO0Z-lR0wXViHeyQNztVLfNHyFSu9N2IZ5HO7fX-lMzU3wQtbPmRapoKPA9FM4iDO-xwV21O_=w1257-h751-no

qrpl7FfbD6v2GF_5peCaeDcPQ4GwOE6b6aG0bBJAQUpWT6G9yZNEbWy9rVIINpG4s-cwjiLo_eLP3pxi16fIItU-7Iry0GjgQmDk3xmJbp6smkqPrQfg_TrSG7txaGisXpqdilbGP2PXoI5icweCKZDwZiq-vd2bNC5prwvoo9WJXXZd_AQycLrn9_Qdu27S3sfhxxE2ZS_HDWgA7ShpqyxhdIuluswYVVWy9kffijC5qXgZFyhCitzPYAE9KRzIexXs3F0J1DRnF3yTy4cY1J_pjsAyAN4-G0psSPpmMPZYTnsf4XQupv0oZ69QQ-hkXYShczssEbHeIFdRd1cmpu5-tOy0p7h2zLq4Isnzc-3wAdru54xFSZ4DB4YhfJZ_1X-goi2-WP02_9K_MAqGT_wj_SQPJP1qdGkdt7YWZKRtdFoWk7_J5O0Rezk_YuSYPNC8-ptqm_XUH9HUDIglYN4BJgSCQeQcHR6R8z4jUZO1LRRJCLv693IZ54vqv2d0yy2XM8F81ekC_oIVblGptGV8fmfONtC0V4x63ryv3K8yeAFZ3VM0-3XSYFrdd43luHbkRUX9EQvMkUPte_j5y5cKZTZvf01l-CNJbw6YnFdfpQQhQLQNFOjnU2tucjyr2QPCQNxblUaTAsye7-w-_bM-d3Q6YV9P3iRa9riQ4IOxjZd_7ATGICDm=w1257-h789-no

There's enough space underneath for power supplies and a Shure PSM200 IEM transmitter. Although I use the smaller Dunlop pedal, you do get a plate to mount a full-size pedal should you wish. So far I'm impressed with the setup, it comes with a decent soft case as well.

Do you have the spark in the loop ?

I'm using a Friedman Tour Pro 1525 at the moment, fits the AX8 and a few other bits & bobs nicely:

EvFS42uJC-1DQtYOwCDThy3epzMDchXYN3fvIrMRPiVZcs4iy-8yi3teJud3P-JLyXT7zJtwq12c61qW7Y-gsNff5ZROUiDUyQBJ8NbIME9EEgI6XPDBdKDCuTH0T5ImMJgftCU4EUf_8-RL_NJ7h4RSIdo_Ytj-iNFhQmpbvaIhrlMzG1AXZylS1nTWuWKaZJSfzMNIOQCr_PPCXqDTO5dfLJtrNjl3dCeIokKdC2gKW8pdncJzN5tTs37xPXmyPH-glrhXNHEFM-ILFqot_rq2nu5Zo6RO5L89ehyIkTmZ9o4--mslkQjda6W4f8bHlrVCwAEvPEJOkC8RYBlg80xE3D_cf-ra37rq4jT9-Zc6ppEUMZi98HxEVRGwFgSeCM-3W2Vk9-N8yumIIFdTdDPKFugyxAaNL8K7NQzbWbFKZCwDtYMB0ba8QlgxAWmPLN4PmcGRefoMd4486w9oKsAJZsC5TQGvS1DrfmTVLybjuY67e8ileL1xjnHULSpDA43trzSVRQwybes2PAovvbD2ai-ivbxpudYj8pzP49e8TMXVIMNi9fplHEWlPwJMpLQkhH_iNqjN-3eYn-HuxhB_mdWiktfONB2HVv8pWqYNaVHmO0Z-lR0wXViHeyQNztVLfNHyFSu9N2IZ5HO7fX-lMzU3wQtbPmRapoKPA9FM4iDO-xwV21O_=w1257-h751-no

qrpl7FfbD6v2GF_5peCaeDcPQ4GwOE6b6aG0bBJAQUpWT6G9yZNEbWy9rVIINpG4s-cwjiLo_eLP3pxi16fIItU-7Iry0GjgQmDk3xmJbp6smkqPrQfg_TrSG7txaGisXpqdilbGP2PXoI5icweCKZDwZiq-vd2bNC5prwvoo9WJXXZd_AQycLrn9_Qdu27S3sfhxxE2ZS_HDWgA7ShpqyxhdIuluswYVVWy9kffijC5qXgZFyhCitzPYAE9KRzIexXs3F0J1DRnF3yTy4cY1J_pjsAyAN4-G0psSPpmMPZYTnsf4XQupv0oZ69QQ-hkXYShczssEbHeIFdRd1cmpu5-tOy0p7h2zLq4Isnzc-3wAdru54xFSZ4DB4YhfJZ_1X-goi2-WP02_9K_MAqGT_wj_SQPJP1qdGkdt7YWZKRtdFoWk7_J5O0Rezk_YuSYPNC8-ptqm_XUH9HUDIglYN4BJgSCQeQcHR6R8z4jUZO1LRRJCLv693IZ54vqv2d0yy2XM8F81ekC_oIVblGptGV8fmfONtC0V4x63ryv3K8yeAFZ3VM0-3XSYFrdd43luHbkRUX9EQvMkUPte_j5y5cKZTZvf01l-CNJbw6YnFdfpQQhQLQNFOjnU2tucjyr2QPCQNxblUaTAsye7-w-_bM-d3Q6YV9P3iRa9riQ4IOxjZd_7ATGICDm=w1257-h789-no

There's enough space underneath for power supplies and a Shure PSM200 IEM transmitter. Although I use the smaller Dunlop pedal, you do get a plate to mount a full-size pedal should you wish. So far I'm impressed with the setup, it comes with a decent soft case as well.

Do yo

It's before the AX8 - signal path goes:

G10 -> Spark -> Drop -> Freqout -> AX8 -> FOH

I tryed that routing but didn,t get a clean boost, in the loop after the amp it works great for me, i rather use the loop for another pedal so i was curious.

It's been a while since I posted an update. Not much has changed in the last couple of years except I've just got the new Line 6 G10S, so here's my current setup:
  • Line 6 G10S – just got this a couple of days ago. Been using the G10 system and it worked well except that it really wasn't designed for pedalboard usage. So now with 9V connector, better antennas, solid metal case and selectable channels, it's a really solid device.
  • Mission Engineering Spring Loaded EP-1. I have a Fractal EV-2 as well but keep coming back to the EP-1. I rarely use it, it's too big and heavy. And when I do use it, it feels just right.
  • The knob just below the EP-1 is master volume, attached to the output volume. Great if I find myself quickly having to make some volume adjustment if I get the volume wrong in a preset for instance.
  • In the lower left is my momentary wildcard button. In most presets this will just enable the boost in the amp block and a little bit of volume boost. I use this when I just have a short line that I want to stand out. I also use this for the Raygun effect in Rebel Yell and similar momentary functions.
  • Above the momentary button is a clock from DS Engineering.
  • Above the clock is the lead volume. I can adjust this between 0-8dB boost. At noon its 4dB which is usually spot on with my band with 2 guitars, drums and bass. In some songs there's only me on guitar and then I can lower this quite a bit and some songs when the band is really digging in I can dial it up it a bit. At home I turn it all the way off so I can still practice all the scene changes and everything without having any volume changes.
  • Mounted underneath is the Mission Engineering 529 power supply.

Ax8-Update-2019-1551755556.jpg
That Clock is ingenious!!!
they are out for the time being, but it's a brilliant execution of a good idea!

Hi, I like to know what kind of buttons do you have in the right side (the function buttons) they seem so funny

They are from this company

Stomp tops 1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom