Implemented Tuner Engages When Volume Block is at Minimum via Exp. Pedal

Ugly Bunny

Power User
This would save some time and extra programming and button pushing.

Just a simple option in the Volume block that engaged the tuner when the Expression pedal controlling it was at minimum (toe up) position - or within a certain range of volume; say, within the lowest 10%. Make it adjustable! Thanks Cliff. Love the Axe :)

I like the idea, as long as there isn't any audible glitch - you wouldn't want this to interfere w/ doing volume pedal swells.

Yep. That's why it'd be at the very bottom of the volume curve (or again, adjustable to the last 10% or so). Right now there's no audible glitch when engaging or disengaging the tuner, so I don't think that would change.

Great idea! that would save me a button on my midi board
+1
Exactly my thought. For now, I'm just using the second expression pedal on my FCB1010 to accomplish the task; but if I ever want volume, wah, AND whatever pedal's function was freed up by not having to have a dedicated tuner pedal, then I'm out of luck.

How exactly did you set this up??? I am trying to accomplish having a tuner on the FCB1010. I am using the Eureka Prom 3 and Axefx Standard

How exactly did you set this up??? I am trying to accomplish having a tuner on the FCB1010. I am using the Eureka Prom 3 and Axefx Standard

not gonna happen. Sry
This is one of the reasons I advocate AGAINST anything other than the stock chip. While they add a little much-needed functionality, they also take away a lot of what makes the FCB1010 so great and virtually unlimited in capability.

How I've set the tuner up on my FCB1010 is that I use EXP Pedal B as my tuner (since I don't use it for wah). Basically, I set the Tuner to a particular CC# in the Axe Fx III, set the pedal to the same, then bam! Toe down engages the tuner, toe up disengages it. Too easy.

This is one of the reasons I advocate AGAINST anything other than the stock chip. While they add a little much-needed functionality, they also take away a lot of what makes the FCB1010 so great and virtually unlimited in capability.

How I've set the tuner up on my FCB1010 is that I use EXP Pedal B as my tuner (since I don't use it for wah). Basically, I set the Tuner to a particular CC# in the Axe Fx III, set the pedal to the same, then bam! Toe down engages the tuner, toe up disengages it. Too easy.

What you described is possible with non-stock chips. "Not gonna happen" might be referring to tuner display on the FCB. The EurekaPROM could do this with the Axe-FX II.

Also FYI the Uno chip doesn't really limit the user vs. the stock chip. Stompbox mode is optional. It's also possible to use 10 preset/bank or direct select mode just like the stock chip. (I'm not sure if EurekaPROM can do either of those.)

I like the idea, as long as there isn't any audible glitch - you wouldn't want this to interfere w/ doing volume pedal swells.
Shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't set the tuner to mute the Axe Fx.

Bump. I would like to suggest that this feature be added to the Volume block's controller page; maybe something as simple as a checkbox to have tuner come on when "External Controller at minimum"
Should be an option in the controller page of any block, including input and output blocks. There's a lot of different blocks people use to adjust volume.

Back
Top Bottom