Tone Vise locking nut - Amazing, Simple and Cheap

I believe it does solve a issue. I have stripped the allen clamps on 3 sets of locking nuts! Having one that doesn't require a allen wrench ( that easily gets lost or misplaced right when you need it) ...priceless.. One less thing to worry about, that could TOTALLY mess with my head on stage...as long as it doesn't make my guitar neck dive ...How heavy is it?
No noticeable weight to be concerned with.

I believe it does solve a issue. I have stripped the allen clamps on 3 sets of locking nuts! Having one that doesn't require a allen wrench ( that easily gets lost or misplaced right when you need it) ...priceless.. One less thing to worry about, that could TOTALLY mess with my head on stage...as long as it doesn't make my guitar neck dive ...How heavy is it?

You must be over tightening the bolts in the nut clamp. You just need to snug 'em up. They don't need to be cranked. I've never once stripped any Floyd bolt and I've had dozens of guitars with them.

I'm going to have to try one of those. The weather changes so much where I live I have to unlock the nut to tune most of the time. I barely ever play my guitars with Floyds anymore because of it. I have a Dean Razorback X-Ray that I barely ever play and haven't tuned it since I got it but if i do play it and it's in tune, I know it's in the teens outside.

I'm going to have to try one of those. The weather changes so much where I live I have to unlock the nut to tune most of the time. I barely ever play my guitars with Floyds anymore because of it. I have a Dean Razorback X-Ray that I barely ever play and haven't tuned it since I got it but if i do play it and it's in tune, I know it's in the teens outside.
I have 3 Floyd DL tremolos. All are down pitch only and rest on the body. But they can be a PITA. I will not be buying anymore locking trems!

I hear alot about Floyd Rose terms not staying in tune. Most all my guitars have them. They are full floating and I never have any problem with them once the strings settle in. Always in tune and intimated. But, they are all German made real Floys Rose trems. I think that is the difference. The Licensened ones and the copies just don't cut it.

The German Floyd on my Chubtone superstrat is rock solid, but then again, so is the Graphtech Floyd on my Lifeson Axcess.

I hear alot about Floyd Rose terms not staying in tune. Most all my guitars have them. They are full floating and I never have any problem with them once the strings settle in. Always in tune and intimated. But, they are all German made real Floys Rose trems. I think that is the difference. The Licensened ones and the copies just don't cut it.

Surprisingly, I have found that some of the cheaper licensed units do stay in tune better than original Floyd units. My favorite locking trem is the Gotoh Floyd, they nailed it IMO. But, just for example, I have a guitar with a super-cheap pressed-metal no-brand Floyd that - no matter what I do, always stays in tune. Similar can be said for the cheap Floyd attached to my DKMG. Super stable.

...Then, a lot comes into play with tuning stability. It’s not all bridge related.

I do like the heft of Original Floyds (especially with aftermarket big brass blocks), but, I do prefer the Gotoh - given a choice.

I have a bunch of different Floyd's but I don't think they're at fault. I think my issue is the constant weather changes where I live, which causes the guitar's neck to expand and contract. I have similar issues with doors in my house. Sometimes they close with no force and other times I have to push on them, so the lock latches.

I don't understand why the Kahler Flip Nut design wasn't more popular? No tools needed at all. This one is behind the nut, but no reason it couldn't be designed with a nut.

dcqa7vpvxyb7das4sy9y.jpg

Found one listed here...
https://reverb.com/item/21688124-vintage-kahler-locking-flip-nut-chrome-ships-free

Mailman just dropped off the Tone Vise locking nut. Popped one on the low E\A of the Lifeson and it's great!
Took the D-Tuna off of that guitar a long time ago...I thought it was kinda finicky......this makes it pretty easy.

Mine are all German and always have issues here and there.

They only add about 3/4 of an oz. About the same weight as a headstock tuner and a lot less than a capo.

Tone Vise drop tuner is also kick ass because it doesn't stick way the hell out like an EVH model so you can still pull up on the tremolo without having to router the body for clearance. I also recommend adding a Sophia Tremolos Global Tuner. Its a two piece adjustable tremolo block with a big thumb wheel to adjust the tremolos spring tension.

https://reverb.com/item/4697268-sop...-37-and-42mm-sizes-2017-brass-stainless-steel

Back
Top Bottom