Software "MIKKO" - Next Gen Cab Sim | Shoot your own IR's [ML Sound Lab]

Third party software for Fractal Audio products.
Hey - good question! One of the main reasons why I started my own thing was to get total control over releasing products so that's one aspect that will remain with ML. The MIKKO is quite a complicated program so releasing expansion packs requires some work but it's in the works for sure! Hopefully ASAP but no ETA for now.

Hey - good question! One of the main reasons why I started my own thing was to get total control over releasing products so that's one aspect that will remain with ML. The MIKKO is quite a complicated program so releasing expansion packs requires some work but it's in the works for sure! Hopefully ASAP but no ETA for now.
Good to hear! Thanks for the reply!

If you're listening to the output of the Axe-Fx directly - then you need to have MIKKO in the loop via USB and return that signal as well so it's like this:
Guitar -> Axe-Fx input -> FX loop send -> MIKKO -> FX loop return -> Axe-Fx output
For this operation use the ASIO FAS USB driver like people said showed earlier in this thread.

I'm trying to use the free version on MIKKO as a stand alone program with my Axe FX II as sound interface. I'm using ASIO FAS USB, but I can't understand how I can get the "FX loop send -> MIKKO -> FX loop return -> Axe-Fx output" routing, so I have the "no cab" sound. Can someone help me? In the I/O settings i have the USB/DIGI OUT SOURCE to OUTPUT 2, is this correct?

Anyone know how to transfer MIKKO full license from one mac computer to another? - tried using same activation code, uninstalling old before installing to new, checking for info on ML website / in created ML account - no luck on any of these.

Any way to dupe the Fredman technique with Mikko? Any off axis 57 mics in the near future?

Anyone know how to transfer MIKKO full license from one mac computer to another? - tried using same activation code, uninstalling old before installing to new, checking for info on ML website / in created ML account - no luck on any of these.
same problem here..... @ML SOUND LAB we could use
An assist please..

exactly my case! its great, huh?
ya - only been a few days but so far I'm really happy with it. Glad I waited (almost went for a 15" a few months ago). Love the "new" keyboard -i9 8 core very fast compared to my older dual core.

Hey - we're still working on the function to allow to computer unlocks. For the time being we do it manually so please contact us privately with your purchase information. Our contact form is here: https://ml-sound-lab.com/pages/contact

There can be a slight delay but usually we get it done in a few days time.

Hey - we're still working on the function to allow to computer unlocks. For the time being we do it manually so please contact us privately with your purchase information. Our contact form is here: https://ml-sound-lab.com/pages/contact

There can be a slight delay but usually we get it done in a few days time.
I'd used the contact form mid last week but did not hear anything back - thought I'd get some sort of request confirmation but didn't so maybe it did not go through - I'll resubmit today - thanks.

Maybe do it again just to be safe. The last two weeks with the Black Deals have been crazy so I apologize for a possible delay on the answer.

I’d like to know from @ML SOUND LAB as well , but it appears that the visible changes involve a license manager, and the integration of supplemental cabs for sale like the orange, and the sales structure has seemingly changed , the app /plugin is free , but you pay for the cabs...
What’s in the Mikko update and it looks like you have an orng cab pack?

Hey guys - I'm explaining it all in this video:

MIKKO: Free demo ---> MIKKO Player + License Manager (required for licensing future MIKKO plugins)
MIKKO: Full license ---> MIKKO Essentials
MIKKO ORNG = Our first single cab plugin for the MIKKO line of plugins

As soon as we released the original MIKKO plugin we started to get a lot of feedback from people (luckily mostly positive, supportive and constructive!) and the most common request was that people wanted even more cabs but it was always a different cab: Ampeg, Orange, Engl, Friedman, Fender and even more V30s and Greenbacks believe it or not (the MIKKO Essentials comes with 3 types of Greenbacks if you count the EVH speaker and also 3 types of V30s). I suppose you could say that since the original MIKKO was our first plugin release we didn't know what to expect. This transformation solves most of the main issues that I see in future:
  1. People can get more cabinets to the MIKKO!
  2. People are not forced to buy the previous "full MIKKO" if they just want to get one cabinet - this applies to the new MIKKO ORNG, you don't need to own the previous full version of the MIKKO to get the full version ORNG
  3. All the MIKKO plugins that you own can be mixed together without limitations
One of the main concepts behind this project was to truthfully simulate a real-life use case scenario so "the vision" in my head is that all MIKKO users have a live room with super loud cabinets in it. So you can purchase the cabs that you want in the live room and have 9 super sophisticated microphone robots moving to your demands while the program takes care of phase issues. Once that mic-up is nailed you can save it as a preset or export it as a .wav IR and use it where ever. :)

Anyone know how we do the update within full license? I don't see any "Updates" function, and, I'm nervous of re-installing anything as I don't want to overwrite my paid license with an unpaid one (I got an email indicating there is an update but the link just brings me to the free "Player" download page). Glad to hear some work has been done on license management in the new release as it is currently not great.

Anyone know how we do the update within full license? I don't see any "Updates" function, and, I'm nervous of re-installing anything as I don't want to overwrite my paid license with an unpaid one (I got an email indicating there is an update but the link just brings me to the free "Player" download page). Glad to hear some work has been done on license management in the new release as it is currently not great.
Just install the new Player on top. It's been beta tested and the licenses have remained for all as they should. :) As always if there are issues we'll fix it.

I feel like I got a great value on the original with 9 excellent cabs for 99 euros. When is the next bundle?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom