Talk to a Kemper guy about the DC30

jrjones

Inspired
I was gigging a dc30 before I made the switch. I used the ultra back in the day and didn’t love it. So here we are. My understanding is that the axe-fx still doesn’t have the ef86 channel. Is it near impossible to replicate that magical sound because of the ef86? Has the ef86 channel with the tone wheel been added? I didn’t love my tone this past weekend but the axefx3 guy I played with sounded awesome.

I know the grass is always greener...but I loved my dc30 and Xotic pedals (also in axefx3).

Funny you mention that because it's on my to-do list. However... instead of a rotary switch for tone the tone control will be continuously variable. One of the advantages of digital is that variable capacitors are much easier than in the analog realm.

Funny you mention that because it's on my to-do list. However... instead of a rotary switch for tone the tone control will be continuously variable. One of the advantages of digital is that variable capacitors are much easier than in the analog realm.
Oh how I really hope this is true .........

That would be incredible!

Also, if you still have the matchless cab, I'd pay to have some far field captures of it! I'm only using reflection free FF IR's these days after using the ones from you, Jay Mitchell, and @gigsup from TGP. Going back to reflection filled near field IR's is just jarring now and not fun for me.

I have never used a matchless in real life or in the Axe world. In a decade of Fractal I have probably only tries 10 amp sims and even less ir's. I also have never fallen into the tweaking rabbit hole. I am proof it can be done lol

any chance you’d build it selectable between either standard or continuously variable? Channel 2 with the 6 position wheel being an option would probably be all I needed to make the jump.

Sweet. With a variable cap, I will be able to replicate my Simone's EF86 channel....

i've done that, but it's not the same...mostly because we don't have that channel.
Yeah, even if it did it's not the same as a jumpered 2-channel amp. You miss out on the preamp output signals interacting and making the phase inverter and power amp distort differently (and usually more due to athe summed preamps).

Hopefully "DC30 Jumped" is also on the to-do list.... :)

Back
Top Bottom